Head of Creative/Design Manager
Progressive multi-channel retailer seeks a Head of Creative at a time of exciting growth.
This is a truly wonderful opportunity for an experienced design leader to help shape this brands look and feel across all touch points and work cross functionally to implement it. We are looking for a multidisciplinary creative lead able to set creative direction and drive creative excellence across the business.
Leading creative you will set global design style, tone of voice and design process, ensuring creative excellence and quality across all channels. You will manage a small inhouse creative team made up of designers, writers and a studio manager and juggle freelance resource where required too.
You will work on a wide range of creative projects from packaging to TTL campaigns, emails, digital creative, POS and brand experiences. This role will remain hands on with design and so its crucial you are fully up to speed here and able to execute design briefs, following them from brief through to completion.
You will work closely with other functions across the business from the brand team to innovation and packaging and support the studio and asset manager in building an effective creative process. As one of the fastest growing companies in the UK this team is always looking to refresh, rethink and reinvent.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of managing a creative design team and setting creative direction for a brand.
- Design and creative leadership experience working with FMCG brands [ideally food or drink] client side or agency.
- The ability to easily bring your ideas to life and present to key stakeholders.
- A natural, positive and confident leadership style.
- Experience juggling multiple deadlines and working in a fast -paced studio. The ability to multi-task and delegate effectively.
- Solution focused, pro- active and resilient.
- A people person full of creative energy who enjoys collaborating with multiple teams.
- Experience in packaging design. Solid experience creating beautiful and effective design solutions across a variety of formats and materials.
- Proven experience guiding, supporting and mentoring a creative team.
- A confident, inspirational senior capable of operating independently on behalf of the company, presenting and running creative workshops as necessary.
- Hands on design capabilities.
- Excellent skills in Adobe CC, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator with a good understanding of best digital practices.
The brand is at an exciting time in its evolution and is on a journey. This is a chance for the right person to make their mark and get involved in some hugely exciting creative projects. If this could be the next role for you please get in touch with an up to date c.v and portfolio.