Managing Director - £100,000 - £160,000 UK/EMEA & US Regions
This is a very rare opportunity to join a profitable, privately owned business at board level.
This company was set up in the late 1990s and now numbers 80 employees spread across offices in Asia, America and the UK - the head office is here in London.
They specialise in the end to end supply of bespoke promotional products (premiums) to the film, entertainment & Leisure sectors. Their experienced team handle everything from designing the initial concept to production, quality control, shipping and delivery. They have a fantastic in-house design team that continually push the boundaries of what is possible in their sectors to create ever more innovative products to promote new releases.
Reporting directly to the owner and working closely with your colleagues in the US and Asia, you will be tasked with driving growth across all markets in line with the company's long-term ambitions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assuming full accountability to the board for all company operations
- Developing strategic plans and setting sales targets for each market
- Regular travel to the Far East and America to visit tradeshows and factories
- Ability to identify key staff's strengths/weaknesses and manage accordingly.
- Provide each staff member with a clear plan to work smarter and to enjoy their role.
- Support staff in key new business or account management meetings
- Teach staff commercial awareness, how to buy and sell effectively
- Lead by example, communicate well, be the sales team's voice
- Teach/Train sales staff to look for new business opportunities within existing accounts, apply call cycles, weekly/monthly/quarterly account reviews
- Give the team confidence to make calls/ attend meetings
- Maintain morale and provide stability
What experience do you need?
You'll need to be able to demonstrate significant experience in the promotional products/premiums industry, ideally within a similar size business.
You'll likely have fulfilled a Managing Director or Sales Director role already and be able to demonstrate proven results in generating profit in the UK at least.
What's in it for you?
Senior roles like this rarely come up, especially with the level of autonomy you would be entrusted with here. It's a massive opportunity to grow what is already a very successful business and be rewarded accordingly.
You can expect to receive a very generous basic salary in line with the level of responsibility as well as a profit linked bonus, pension, healthcare and 28 days holiday + banks holidays.
Please apply now or contact