Advertising Manager - Online Parenting Title
Reporting into the Head of Sales, our client requires a strong ad manager with a proven record of success A leader who will relish the opportunity of capitalising on their strong market position as a meaningful challenger brand within the parenting sector
We are looking for a candidate with primarily digital advertising experience. The successful candidate will have strategic vision, combined with creativity and flexibility. An eye for being able to identify key growth opportunities and execute these, combined with team building skills are also crucial in succeeding in this role.
• Devise and implement a cohesive ad sales strategy to ensure maximum ad revenue
• Work closely with the audience and centralized teams to maximise revenue
• Grow the digital ad revenue line through identifying and developing new products, clients and commercial opportunities.
• Set revenue budgets for the this leading online product and Junior brands.
• Develop and implement annual sales strategies
• Analyse and identify sector and market trends and commercial revenue streams to add value to the portfolio
• Develop revenues within non endemic client and agency led sectors
• Collaborate and hold accountable centralized teams to drive revenue for reach focussed clients
• Manage the sales team day to day
• Motivate and actively lead the successful business relationships with clients and agency contacts - leading from the front is crucial
• Recruitment, selection and training of the sales team, ensuring that team development and training plans are in place and successfully executed.
• Set quality KPI’s for your team and ensuring these are achieved through effective, regular performance measurement, feedback and reviews.
• Responsibility for the smooth running of administrative and sales systems for the portfolio
• Reporting of weekly and quarterly revenue to senior management.
• Work alongside ad, design, tech and product development teams to secure innovative and market leading solutions
• Work closely with the Head of Sales, Managing Director, Publisher & editorial team on partnership activity and new commercial opportunities
• Represent the wider company ad portfolio where appropriate to clients and agencies
• Initiate and attend appropriate team, department, brand and company meetings
• Significant digital sales experience. Programmatic sales experience is a plus.
• Ability to think both strategically and laterally to drive value to the products
• Proven track record of managing a sales team
• Excellent business and numeracy skills
• Extensive contacts in ad agencies and lifestyle sectors
• Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills and experience of all the highest level
• Superb communication skills