A fantastic opportunity for a driven and proactive Studio Manager to join a well-established team within contract publishing.
This role will oversee a team of 3/4 and will manage the full creative delivery process for both print and digital channels, along with interpreting creative briefs, creative direction and account handling. The role will also involve working on the design and production of various publications.
The ideal person for this role will have a strong background in design and will thrive off working with a team of creatives to a high standard of work. A strong knowledge of the Adobe suite is needed, along with experience of managing a team and having a good knowledge of creative design delivery. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone who is both creative and organised.
Details on tasks/the ideal candidate must have:
- experienced Studio manager with experience in customer magazine publishing.
- responsible for all areas of magazine production from concept to completion, for all publications in the company's portfolio.
- research and develop and implement 'best practice' for studio processes - briefing, job tracking, budget control and workflow efficiency.
- strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- comprehensive understanding of design, print management and production processes.
- art direction and management on all editorial and digital content.
- the ability to project manage your own workload and coordinating the overall studio work flow.
- ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure.
- final approval on all press-ready pdfs before they are sent to the printers.
- checking supplier and publishing invoices.
- setting up & managing production schedules
- ensuring infrastructure and procedures are maintained whilst continuing to implement effective procedures where necessary.
- supporting, understanding and advising the current clients and fulfilling their requirements to make sure all their needs are met.
- Art-edit and oversee all designs for publications.
- managing the hiring and setup of freelancers, photographers, illustrators and sub-editors.
- highly efficient and organised.
- give rise to creative challenges as they occur on a day-to-day basis.
- operational management of the studio.
- managing the Studio team members, including handling all staff management issues, performance, appraisals, recruitment, and motivation.
- be excellent in working on and delivering client design pitches.
- ability to proof read, edit and write copy would be advantageous.
- Develop design excellence within the team and continue to raise the bar
- Take a forward thinking approach to continuous improvement in the studio and stay abreast of developments within the sector.
Hardworking but fun studio with a friendly environment.
Creative Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
Apply for Studio Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly