Interim Press Officer
My client one of the top 5 employers in Coventry are looking for an immediately available Interim Press Officer for the next 3 months.
This Interim Press Officer role in Central Coventry will generate impactful press coverage and social media narratives for a busy complex business focussing on digital storytelling.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Promote the businesses activities by sourcing impactful stories & articulating them in an accessible way through digital and traditional channels.
- Write well-crafted news releases & target key influencers with compelling stories
- Research & write feature articles for business publications.
- You will have proven press release and broader writing skills and be able to generate media coverage through a significant and varied portfolio.
- It is key that you have exceptional writing abilities, have the ability to generate interest and enthusiasm for stories and be proactive in generating ideas and be able to deal with issues on own initiative.
Candidates must be level headed, professional, calm and have the ability to work flexibly and occasionally out of hours. Proofreading, copywriting, persistence, tact and diplomacy are all attributes required for this challenging and demanding role.
The successful Interim Press Officer will ideally be educated to graduate level with a media, communications or public relations focus along with creative writing. You will have public relations experience in a press office, news office, PR consultancy or from a journalism background. Candidates can have come from a Press Officer, PR officer, Media Relations, Journalism or Communications position.
This Interim Senior Press Officer role in Central Coventry is commutable from locations such as Rugby, Leicester, Kenilworth, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford upon Avon, Banbury, Bedworth, Nuneaton, Hinckley, Coleshill, Birmingham, Burbage, Lutterworth, Stoneleigh, Southam, Meriden, Ansty, Knowle etc. and is 5 minutes walk from Coventry train station.