Senior Graphic Designer/Artworker
A new opportunity has arisen at the IPA for a senior Graphic Designer. Reporting into the Head of Communications, you will be our sole in-house designer so you'll need to be able to work autonomously as well as with wider teams within the IPA. You’ll be responsible for ensuring all IPA materials, publications, and collateral have a consistent and united look and feel, whether designed in-house by you or by an external creative agency.
Working as part of the Comms team and reporting into the Head of Communications, you will provide in-house design and artwork support to all departments within the IPA for internal and external use. You will act as the brand guardian for the IPA brand and all its associated partner brands such as Eff Week, Advertising Unlocked and Creative Pioneers.
- Take internal briefs to support individual brand needs e.g. brochure development, leaflets, posters, digital collateral, press ads etc.
- Work with external design partners to repurpose existing artwork for use across various platforms such as EDMs, Print, Web & Social Media
- Support our web team, and digital content editor, with elements of design and illustration. This includes sourcing suitable imagery which you will be able to resize/retouch.
- Act as additional photography support when necessary.
- Artwork final layouts for external printers and publishers and ensure specifications are met
- Provide podcast and video editing services.
- Maintain a Guard book of all project collateral.
You’ll be adept at delivering effective, on-brand and on-strategy creative for our business needs. You'll need varied experience and skill-sets from re-purposing design elements for different medias to picture searching, re sizing and re-touching, development of digital assets, event AV presentation design through to press advertising and printed collateral design. Taking projects from concept to completion you'll play a pivotal role within the team.
- You will have a graphic design qualification or be able to demonstrate proven skills and experience along with continuous learning
- Adept at taking an initial design brief and interpreting it so it is ‘on brand’ for use across all formats/media
- High competency in the Adobe suite including:
o Adobe Photoshop
o Familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Digital skills including ability to create animated GIFs, audio editing and podcast creation
- Video editing skills in Adobe Premier Pro CC
- Competent in both PowerPoint and Keynote
- Experience and interest in Photography
Experience / Qualifications
- Degree or relevant qualification in Graphic Design / Experience in similar role
At the IPA, everyone is expected to work as part of a team. This may include covering other people’s work for short periods, contributing know-how and time to joint projects and helping other staff members with training and development. Overall, you are expected to be flexible where necessary to meet the needs of the IPA. Accordingly, the precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of your role.
If you are looking to expand work in-house with a dedicated team, please get in touch with your CV and portfolio of work.