Head of Project Management
4 days left
Our client is an award-winning creative and content studio based in Hammersmith, West London. They produce commercial content across all platforms helping to win and deliver millions of pounds of partnership and creative solutions advertising revenue every year and are currently recruiting for a Head of Project Management to lead their Project Management team. This team is the key point of contact between sales people, clients, agencies and the creative team (copy, design, video, production).
The Head of Project Management plays a pivotal role in shaping the planning and delivery of all output. You will lead a team of seven talented project managers, across all experience levels, supporting and developing them to be the very best they can be. You’ll be required to develop a comprehensive view of your team’s projects,and will be able to anticipate pinch points and resourcing issues ahead of time, coming up with proactive, pragmatic solutions. Working closely with the Head of Commercial Content, you’ll be key in ensuring that campaigns are consistently delivered on time and to budget, and the clients are offered a service that is second to none.
You will already have experience running and delivering complex content campaigns and will be in a position to share your expertise with your team. Along the way you will have developed an understanding of project management methodologies and ways of working. Ideally coming from a publishing environment and used to dealing with a high volume of projects across different internal brands, you will have knowledge of the print and digital (including social and video) landscapes and be able to tackle complex issues and challenges when they arise with a cool head and positive attitude. You will understand the needs of a busy, target driven advertising sales operation, and enjoy building win-win relationships with all the sales teams across the business.
A stickler for best practice, you will be responsible for the implementation of systems to manage a heavy workload with numerous stakeholders and departments, while being mindful of the needs of the business. You will identify improvements in process and workflow to best enable the smooth delivery of campaign assets but recognise the need for flexibility when challenges arise.
You will fly the flag internally ensuring all teams follow process and help pitch for and deliver campaigns that are innovative but also realistic and achievable. You will be expected to attend client meetings, where you will be the figurehead for a second-to-none project management service that has already gained a great reputation with customers. A natural diplomat, you will project confidence to internal and external stakeholders, managing their expectations and helping your team deliver an exceptionally high standard of service to all our customers.
- Oversee the smooth running of the Project Management team, developing an in-depth knowledge of team members’ workflow.
- Forward planning: identifying resourcing issues and pinch points before they arrive and taking active steps to resolve them.
- Lead by example, taking ownership of key campaigns.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget – while keeping the client blissfully happy.
- A natural leader, you will inspire the confidence of your team, identifying training and their development needs and taking an active role in their development.
- Flexibility and a cool head: a natural problem solver, your previous experience will allow you to adapt to change and tackle challenges with a positive attitude.
- Improve and refine internal project management processes.
- Be a standard bearer for the Project Management team as a whole by building relationships with the sales team and across the business, managing expectations with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage P&Ls ensuring campaigns are delivered to budget with appropriate margins, working closely with the Head of Commercial Content to control costs and improve profitability.
- Make a creative contribution to brainstorms and/or lead and facilitate brainstorms where appropriate.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a positive, developmental, collaborative culture across the whole project management team.
- Playing a key role in developing the culture of the leadership team.
- Being a positive role model for Imagine across the business.
- Being an ambassador with clients and agencies.
- Sense check and interrogate partnership briefs across the whole ad business, both endemic and non-core.
- Attend brainstorms, encouraging a culture of collaboration and communication - creating an environment where the Project Management Team can generate and share new ideas and brand-specific campaigns.
- Encourage a culture of innovation and proactivity.
- Help the team to constantly seek out new ways of working
PITCHING & NEW BUSINESS
- Play a lead role in the development of our reactive and proactive pitch documents, working closely with the sales team.
- Attend client and agency meetings, briefings and pitches where required, working with the Head of Commercial Content to help the sales team bring creative ideas to life.
- Play a key role in driving new revenue, working closely with the sales team, Head of Commercial Content and Partnerships Director on areas of focus and standalone content opportunities.
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
- Experience of leading a project management team, with a supportive, developmental team culture.
- Experience of delivering complex content campaigns.
- Proven track record of successful mentoring and development of project managers of all levels.
- An expert in all areas of digital and print commercial production.
- Proven track record in commercial project management, with strong understanding of advertising sales; client and media agency needs; and objectives.
- Proven success in delivering successful, large scale advertising partnerships.
- Strong knowledge of Trello, Asana, Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- A proven innovative approach, hungry to learn and keep up to date with industry developments.
- Superb communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience of presenting confidently at senior level, both internally and externally at pitches.
- Be able to establish and maintain collaborative relationships and demonstrate that you value input and feedback and are willing to learn from others.
- Proven ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record in successfully dealing with challenges under pressure.
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Head of Project Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly