A day in the life of...
An Account Manager provides leadership on their accounts, inspiring the highest standards in all team members whilst directing the Agency’s longer term relationship with the Client. As an Account Manager you are responsible for developing strong and enduring Client relationships by acting as a partner in developing marketing strategy, adding value to the Client’s business.
We rely on you to...
Ideally this person needs to have a strong grounding in the creative and communications industry and be passionate about and dedicated to the job.
Alongside this, they will need to have the ability to manage multiple clients in multiple markets, be the lead on a number of projects and have suitable experience on the production process for both ATL and digital.
We want people who can find innovative ways of solving problems, while ensuring processes are tightly managed and key stakeholders managed along the way.
We are looking for candidates who are consistently striving to deliver the best creative work and push creative boundaries.
We rely on you to...
- Client relationship – Key point of contact for Global and UK market clients day to day, including running regular face-to-face status meetings and taking client briefs. You will need to be able to build strong relationships with the mid level client quickly as we have a number of big exciting projects underway and upcoming!
- Creative process & creative teams – Throughout the creative process the Account Manager needs to ensure the creative teams are kept up to date with any changes or development in the brief/project, and able to debrief/brief teams effectively.
- Production – Responsible for the day to day management of the production team, timings, budgets and providing regular updates to all involved.
- Delivery of final assets – Responsible for ensuring that all final assets are delivered on time and in budget, and ensuring all final checks on copy, imagery and usage rights are made.
- Integration with other departments – Account Managers need to be the key day to day contact with all other departments such as Project Management, Creative teams, traffic and Finance.
- Responsibility for financial management – Meticulous management of financials including estimating production costs, regular WIP updates, POs and invoicing, as well as contributing to quarterly revenue forecasting
- Management – you will be responsible for the direct management and nurturing of juniors
You are great at...
- Quick learner - understanding our business and its challenges quickly and confidently
- Excellent organisation - efficient time and project management skills
- Keen eye for detail – from sense checking of new creative work to brand management
- Strong people and communication skills – whether that be in the London agency, or working with our agency partners and clients in other markets
- Pro-active and determined – willing to take projects on quickly and have the confidence to run with them
- Strategic thinker - Ability to look at the bigger picture
- Tech savvy – ranging from solid understanding of Microsoft Office to broader interests in digital
- Easy going - to fit in with the team and wider Ogilvy community