Senior Consumer Marketing Executive - GB
Purpose of the role:
Working as a member of the Consumer Marketing team the purpose of this role is to develop, execute and evaluate effective and integrated on- and off-line consumer brand advertising and consumer engagement campaign activity in line with agreed strategic objectives.
Note: This role will involve some travel and work outside normal business hours.
The Duties – Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. Deliver integrated consumer marketing campaigns which focus on targeted GB consumer segments and optimise investment across the entire spectrum of the marketing mix to attract holidaymakers to the island of Ireland.
- a. Manage delivery of the Tourism Ireland consumer brand advertising and digital campaign activity, maximising effectiveness through strong audience insight, media planning, execution and evaluation.
- b. Manage delivery of GB eCRM function and strategy. Ensuring best in class communications delivery to target segments against agreed objectives. Act as GB’s Champion for all aspects of eCRM Management, including database management, and data capture optimisation and retention. Ensure adherence to requirements of GDPR legislation.
- c. Manage the GB site of Ireland.com ensuring that it is an engaging destination for consumers, delivering a key platform for stakeholders.
- d. Manage GB social media to foster vibrant social communities, deliver innovative social campaigns and, acting as a social advocate, ensure that social is integrated into all communications.
2. Manage and monitor campaign analytics with the Tourism Ireland BI Dashboard, Google Analytics and other relevant tools and optimise activities where appropriate. Produce clear, insightful reports for department activity, and collect market and competitor intelligence to ensure Tourism Ireland is best in class.
3. Work to integrate all campaigns across Tourism Ireland GB, including PR, Brand Partnerships/Cooperative Marketing and Trade ensuring they are aligned to deliver impact. Ensure synergy of brand across all GB communications in line with global brand strategy and market insights.
4. Work successfully with Fáilte Ireland, Tourism Northern Ireland and other stakeholders as relevant to achieve shared objectives.
5. Manage allocated budgets in line with company policy and procedures, ensuring excellent use of funds to achieve the best possible return on investment. 6. Ensure adherence in your area of responsibility to the company’s GDPR compliance policies and procedures.
7. Such other duties as the company may from time-to-time reasonably require.
8. The post holder will also be required to represent Tourism Ireland at various industry, press and corporate functions and events.
For further information and to download the application supporting document and role profile, please click "Apply".
Completed applications should be forwarded to Jennie Devlin at email@example.com Screening is by CV along with the attached application supporting document.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is 12:00 (GMT) on Thursday, 6th June 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.