Senior UI Designer (12 month FTC)
This is a Visual and User Interface Designer role, best suited to someone with experience working on a product and improving the UI experience based on the changing expectations of end users. It is maternity cover (12 months) for a UI Designer and has the opportunity to move to a senior role within the first year. This could be defined as a UX Designer role - meaning all designs should be evidence-based and tested to ensure user understanding. This role has the opportunity to impact well known and specialist brands and set the creative standard for their future.
This Designer role will work collaboratively with UX Architects and Designers, Front End Developers and Product Owners on a regular basis. They should be comfortable guiding a brand vision and be comfortable delivering that on mobile tablet and desktop. Ideally, they have an understanding and appreciation for User-Centered (evidence based.) Design and a curiosity for the unique challenges of designing for mobile and touch.
Based in West London, our client is a successful publishing and media company.
- An online portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills
- Experience applying and demonstrating a user centric approach to projects
- Experience working on the UI for responsive web
- The ability to justify design decisions and confidence to back them with data and insights
- A good understanding of front-end technologies
- Experience working products across multiple channels (web, social, native mobile)
- Experience working to an agile design process, collaborating with other disciplines
- Experience mentoring other designers and collaborating with developers
The UI Visual Designer should also have the following approach to their work:
- Collaborative & Adaptable – This designer role does not work alone – they must naturally consult with and collaborate with UX Architects, Developers and both projects leads when designing for projects. Must be able and willing to adapt approach to problem solving when presented with unforeseen design challenge. Understands and can work in an agile / iterative delivery process.
- Understand Component Libraries and UI Patterns in design - familiarity working with Design Systems and Design libraries
- User-centric and Mobile First approach - Understands how to interpret user needs in a mobile-first approach
- Confident in digital & Web Usability – This role requires experience in digital standards like web fonts and accessibility.
- Commercial awareness – Is able to weave in the commercial requirements of Immediate brands into designs.
- Presentation skills - Confident sharing and explaining design decisions to stakeholders and colleagues
- Apply best practice design approaches to a variety of brand types
- Deliver both low and high-fidelity designs
- Detail focused
- Understanding of a mobile-first approach
- Confident in building design guidelines to support decisions
- Experienced in digital standards like web fonts and accessibility.
- Sketch & Sketch libraries
- Prorotyping designs via tools such as Axure, Proto.io, Invision Studio or similar
- Web Fonts and Font Management
- UX tools (for graphic display)
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- MS Office
Nice to Have:
- Coding experience
- UX testing experience
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.