Business Development Manager -Agribusiness Sector
We have been asked to find a Business Development Manager for an Oxford based independent economic and business consulting firm that focuses on the agribusiness sector. They provide global business intelligence and market analysis on metrics such as production and consumption, supply and demand, price forecasting, trade and policy, and costs of production. In addition they undertake comprehensive assignments for individual clients.
They are looking for a bright, confident person to work in their sales team based at their Oxford office. The person is expected to cover sales activity across multiple commodity sectors. You will have experience in terms of maintaining key accounts and securing new business and you have some economics knowledge, e.g., taken some courses in economics or worked in an economic consultancy. Additional languages would be an advantage.
The company specialises in Economic analysis, Strategy, Price forecasts, Market intelligence, Commodity market analysis, Consulting, Data research, Vegetable Oils, Biofuels, Biodiesel, Ethanol, Sugar & Sweeteners, Rubber, Tires, Grains, Coffee & Cocoa, Oleochemicals, Starch, Carbohydrates, and Oil
Your responsibilities will be:
• Responding to enquiries and preparing proposals and offer
• Managing existing client relationships especially key accounts
• After care service – post-delivery service follow-up with the client to make sure they are satisfied and to assess the scope for further work
• Working with Sales Admin to generate target client prospect lists including prospecting for new sales
• Contacting sales prospects as part of a product campaign and securing sales
• CRM – recording information for sales/sales prospects
• Contributing to marketing material
Conferences and sales visits
• Attending international conferences to make contact with prospective clients and generate sales proposals/offers
• International sales trips to meet with current/prospective clients
• Liaison with regional offices in New York and Kuala Lumpur.