At Ogilvy we make brands matter. We make them matter for years, for quarters and for right now.
Some marketeers and commentators believe brands no longer matter in the era of more channel fragmentation, micro-targeting, technology, and perfect data. But we believe that brands have never mattered more as beacons of trust and identity for consumers.
We are a team of brilliant, creative problem-solvers who believe there’s nothing we can’t achieve together, for our clients and for each other.
We are currently recruiting an HR Advisor to join our busy HR team. Working in partnership with the wider HR team, the role will be responsible for providing client orientated support to employees and managers across the business on all aspects of the employee lifecycle. The role will be aligned to a part of the business but be able to flex across other business areas as and when required.
You’ll be joining the HR team at a very exciting time when we are focused on a transformation of our team from our traditional model to one that puts employee experience at the heart of everything we do.
- Provide advice and guidance and support/coach both managers & employees on all areas of the employee Life cycle such as induction, probation, performance management, maternity, paternity and flexible working, immigration and relocation and exit interviews.
- Collate probation and exit interview feedback, analyse trends and report back to Talent Partner/Head of Talent Management with suggestions and solutions.
- Coach line managers, offering professional and pragmatic advice and guidance, on a range of HR queries including disciplinary and grievance procedures ensuring they operate within the relevant HR policy and HR best practice.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new policies and procedures, ensuring they are understood and embedded both within the wider HR team and business.
- Support the Head of Talent Management and Talent Partner with any restructures or TUPE that arise
- Assisting the Head of Talent Management and Talent Partner with the co-ordination of the salary review / bonus process
- Partner the Talent Acquisition function on best practice recruitment and selection.
- Oversee and be the first point of escalation for the HR Administrator, providing guidance and support on all areas of their work including payroll, administrative changes and system updates.
- In partnership with Ops team, run quarterly leavers’ reports, analysing trends and updating Talent Leads.
- Identifying operational issues, proposing solutions and navigating these with senior TM colleagues and owning through to execution.
- Ownership of the delivery and execution of HR projects such as a new Group Induction programme.
What Will You Bring:
- You will have the ability to engage managers and forge trusted relationships at all levels. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset. You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a logical and methodical approach.
- You will have proven knowledge and experience of all areas of the employee lifecycle including HR policy and best practice. You’ll be able to work independently and be comfortable working autonomously, whilst juggling a busy workload within a dynamic matrix organisation. Highly organised with the ability to remain calm under pressure, you will be analytically minded & confident in MS Excel (V-look ups, Pivot tables, basic formulas).
- Able to use your initiative to respond to planned and un-planned work priorities, you will love this role if you thrive in fast paced, challenging environment.
- You’ll be adaptable and able flex your style when communicating to different stakeholders.
- You place emphasis on meaningful conversations and outcomes as opposed to hierarchy and territories.
At the heart of everything we do are our core values, our DNA, those beliefs that make us part of Ogilvy.
We have a set of five values that we expect everybody in the agency to sign up to. It’s not a set of rules, but it is a set of beliefs about how we go about our daily lives that we think helps set expectations of the kind of partners we look for.
We are never satisfied
Just try it
Everyone matters, embrace difference
Put creativity first
Care about every detail