Innovation Strategy Director
Innovation Strategy Director – Innovation focus
This role sits at the intersection of a variety of disciplines, and we would expect any candidate to combine a mixture of skills. Our client's work spans across digital and content strategy, service design, commercial and business strategy, product and service innovation and organisational design / change management. We don’t expect you to be a deep expert in each of these areas, but we are looking for talent that can comfortably switch across some of these areas.
The role requires someone who can lead accounts, take ownership and help to grow their client accounts. We are looking for an articulate speaker and presenter, with a good mixed background across brand strategy/positioning and other areas of innovation, and some good cases. This isn’t an account director role however, it requires a very smart strategy director who is fluent in the new marketing and innovation landscape. You’ll be someone who can really inspire their team, with a demonstrable track record of thought leadership.
At the heart of their business is the ability to identify new areas of growth for clients, helping to articulate what that looks like and enabling clients to get into it. For example they are currently exploring the frontiers of health and sport, and how modern brands behave to a younger audience.
What you can bring to the party
In your role as strategy director, the aim is that you gradually evolve into the key contact and business lead for some of their most important clients. This means that you’ll be tasked on both running and overseeing existing projects as well as nurture new projects and business from these accounts. Ultimately they need someone who gets how successful brands operate in today’s technologically and social driven world. It doesn't mean you have to be a digital nerd but a very good grasp of how consumer behaviour is shifting will be critical. A fascination for business, technology and culture is a head start. They tend to be drawn to people who aren’t cookie cutter, who have an interesting edge about them. They like a little flavour and character in the team.
The formal bits
- Constructive team leader, with the ability to guide and motivate full-time and part-time team members
- Ability to spot emerging client questions and needs and translate them into project scopes
- Develop bespoke project proposals for emerging new business opportunities
- Articulate storyteller (presenting arguments and strategies in engaging ways)
- Comfortable and natural presenter
- Deep understanding of how changes in culture, technology and commerce are impacting human behaviour
- Deep knowledge and understanding of different frameworks and methodologies in the innovation space
- Able to reframe problems revealing new ways to solve/approach them
- Able to synthesise data and articulate findings simply
- Able to articulate the business and organisational implications of proposed solutions
- Lead and inspire project teams
- Be main liaison and go-to person on key accounts
- Scope new projects or opportunities, and (help) convert them
- Design, prepare and lead collaborative workshops
- Explore, conceive, develop and implement new solutions, both short-term and long-term
- Develop and fine tune set of strategic tools in key areas
- Oversee writing of reports and presentations
- Write business case for proposed solutions
- Craft, hone and evaluate briefs
In return you will be joining a pioneering consultancy in the growth, innovation and smart marketing consultancy space.