Junior - Midweight Digital Designer
London - Chiswick
The Junior to Midweight Digital Designer is responsible for co-creating and delivering event digital marketing campaigns, concepts, finessing and crafting visually stunning media and building the framework to a variety of engaging content and digital experiences. You will be producing high-quality visual designs that will entertain a variety of audiences focusing on social, display and overarching content strategy - and everything in between, collaborating with the Creative Director to leverage technology to advance the creative vision and heighten the user experience.
- Works on a range of data-driven projects including overarching 360 paid media campaigns, web content, UI, UX, display advertising and email.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team across a wide variety of in-house events from sport, music, culinary, gaming, global exhibitions as well as internal creds and R&D initiatives.
- Can design rough scamps, storyboards, mood boards, comps, to help convey a narrative and articulate, creative decision making internally and to sponsors.
- Translate sketches, wireframes and visual mock-ups into beautiful and award-winning visual designs. Apply an iterative approach and be open and constructive to feedback.
- Assist the Creative Director in initiating and facilitating creative workshops and brainstorms.
- Integrates into a strategic, creative and production process using teams' project management tools and templates; while following and establishing digital best practices.
- Involved throughout the entire project lifecycle from the original concept development and design, prototyping, pitching, through to production and delivery.
- Have an understanding of visual brand languages and design systems that communicate emotional qualities of a brand through a product or service.
- Proactively keeps informed of latest trends and developments in relevant tools, technologies and concepts, internally educating and evangelising your team and the wider business.
- Demonstrate professional attitude in all aspects of work - listening, timekeeping, honesty, reliability, flexibility, helpfulness, enthusiasm, dealing with colleagues at any level within or outside your department, event teams and the wider business.
- 1-2 years+ experience
- Employs a range of design, prototyping, motion, animation, editing and audio tools, methods and styles to capture and create visual content, including Sketch or Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects.
- Can translate strategy into compelling pixel perfect execution.
- Able to apply brand guidelines, colour correction, enhancements and other general processes to create a clean, stylised, and cohesive look to the whole customer journey.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of film language and animation.
- Use initiative to innovate with different ad formats using technology, tools and methods that enable and expand engagement and interaction of all audiences.
- Understand digital best practice, design principles as well as being a champion for user experience. Recognise design theory, composition, graphic design and show creative skills beyond 2D and technical knowledge.
- Be part of a team of digital experts to execute briefs collaboratively, successfully and on schedule.
- Show conceptual thinking, ideas and a keen desire to be part of the teams' passion for driving the creative process.
- Keynote or PowerPoint experience (would be useful)
- An excellent opportunity to join a growing team and a chance to work directly and learn from the Creative Director.