Director of Communications
Director of Corporate Communications
Reporting to the Senior Director, Communications
Salary circa £80,000 with excellent benefits
Direct the development and day-to-day execution of timely internal and external communications strategies and associated programs for this international car rental business.
The role will suit a dynamic and positive leader, committed to driving and promoting a culture of communications that contributes to an energising and motivating employee experience. As well as launch programs and create exciting content, the Communications Director will provide communication consultancy and support to members of the senior management team in Europe/International.
What will you do:
- Develop and execute various internal communications, public relations and corporate responsibility strategies, programs and materials to facilitate awareness, understanding and buy-in among key stakeholders.
- Develop strategic communications strategies, goals, messaging, and deliverables in support of employee engagement and cultural transformation efforts, working closely with the International HR function, communications team, and other key stakeholders.
- Own and develop the management cascade process to ensure that leaders communicate to their teams in a timely and effective manner, and employees better understand their impact on the near- and long-term goals of the company.
- Provide communications counsel for members of the International Senior Management team, including operations management and heads of functions.
- Develop and execute organisational change-related communications strategies in alignment with global and HR communications strategies.
- Effectively lead communications around occasional crisis situations or reputational risks by working closely with stakeholders and providing authoritative strategies and execution.
- Write, edit and direct content for various communications channels.
- Assist in the communications function’s operational imperatives including the departmental strategy, policy development, project reporting, performance standards, process improvement and optimisation.
- Serve as an International communications representative on cross-functional, company-wide initiatives.
You'll need to be:
- Highly self motivated and directed with an attention to detail and strong customer service focus
- Proficient in writing, editing and presentation development skills
- Able to provide strategic council to spokespeople and senior leaders
- Confident in building relationships and have excellent influential, interpersonal and networking skills
About the company values:
They want their employees to feel inspired and empowered. You will be encouraged to contribute to building an atmosphere where people feel proud to of where they work. They provide a stimulating and enriching career experience.