Account Sales Manager - B2B Business Portfolio
You will be selling this leading UK business title and associated products across the portfolio of clients direct, PR companies and advertising agencies, leveraging all opportunities to engage this senior business and high net worth audience of company directors. The job is account management and new business.
You will leverage the multitude of thought leadership and display opportunities available within the suite of media which includes; The magazine, digital screens, website, paid social and traffic driving tools, sponsored email, webinars and event solutions including 17 annual Roadshows, Conferences, Bespoke Events and their prestigious Annual Awards. Lots of options here to earn with uncapped commission.
You will be busy with……
1) Educating the market to their uniquely placed offering.
2) Closing important, relevant and effective partnerships.
3) Prospecting potential clients for the this portfolio
4) Adding value and experience to every conversation internally and externally.
You’ll know you’re doing a great job when….
1. Your clients achieve their goals.
2. They return for repeat business and they grow with them.
3. You deliver excellent customer service and help your clients demonstrate the ROI for working with them.
4. You secure partnerships with companies that help them achieve and exceed their revenue goals.
5. Your colleagues and managers are proud of the work you do and recognise your contribution to the team.
More than this it’s about how you go about your days at this company . They love it when people are…
• Gutsy and say it straight, to challenge them but in equal measure to be smart and honest and warm.
• Genuine and confident – someone that people naturally gravitate to and want to work with.
• Creative and open-minded; able to come up with the best solution or new initiative.
• Positive always, with the ability to rise above any setbacks.
• Brave and admit when something isn’t working, come up with ideas, make changes for the better.
• Keen to develop themselves, share what you learn and use new knowledge to make things better.
• Self aware, decent and considerate, able to diffuse situations and can work well with different characters.
• Eager to take part in building a great culture, whether that’s coming to their Summer party or volunteering to become a mentor, feedback how you feel. It all makes a difference.
What skills/ experience will you need for this position
• Highly motivated, autonomous and intelligent with a clear focus on meeting and over achieving on all targets and a passion for the portfolio.
• Experience as a key team player; all working towards achieving weekly sales, monthly targets and the annual goals.
• A strong knowledge of publishing, print, digital & events within B2B media.
• Proven success in B2B media sales; selling cross platform media solutions.
• Experience creating strong, responses to briefs, excellent written proposals, and engaging presentations.
• Passion for building strong client relationships, selling on the phone and face - to-face.
• Strong and credible experience of consultative sales approach; writing creative pitches and building content based campaigns.
• Proven experience in successfully driving revenue streams with clients direct, at a senior level, across all B2B sectors.
• A proven track record of maintaining and growing existing client relationships
• A proven track record at developing new business.
• An enviable contact book with direct advertisers and sponsors.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication & relationship building skills both with clients & internally.
• The ability to present confidently and with authority at a senior level.
• Highly numerate and organised.
• Strong negotiation skills.