Lead Brand Designer
Dozens has created a new home for your money. It brings together a current account, a smart budgeting tool, and a savings and investment manager – all in one app.
Banks depend on their customers’ debt to drive their profit, which means consumers are rewarded more for spending than for saving. Dozens was created to make saving easier and more rewarding for all, and is founded on a fundamentally new business model; we only make money when our customers do. We’re putting the ‘fin’ back in ‘fintech’ by focusing on innovative financial products.
We would like you to join as a Lead Brand Designer to own our visual identity and take it to the next level.
As Lead Brand Designer, you’ll help grow and develop the visual language of our brand and the world it lives in. As a key part of the in-house creative studio team, you’ll be responsible for the design of all the consumer facing communications, including creative campaign look and feel, outdoor advertising, press advertising, website, social media content, packaging and a lot more in between. Therefore, thorough experience of producing for both print and digital are a must.
You’ll be passionate about design and up to date on the latest design trends, so you can consciously direct where the Dozens brand sits in the visual landscape. You take ownership of projects and are meticulously organised. You’re confident backing up your design decisions and managing and advising younger members of the team. As the company grows (we’re looking to double in size over the next year) you’ll also have a part in developing how the design team will grow. You’d be a good fit if you’re driven, proactive and passionate about the power of visual communication.
What you’ll be doing
- Taking a recently launched brand to the next stage of its journey, developing its guidelines and visual language.
- Creating all on and offline ads together with an in house studio team.
- Design lead on the website, and key contact in liaising with developers.
- Managing the production of packaging.
- Creating new identities for any new initiatives / projects we create.
- Directing more junior members of the team.
- Working closely with our illustrator, copywriters and creatives.
- Ensuring consistency of the brand across all visual channels.
- We’re a startup, and as such, we value people who are willing to muck in with the rest of the team to do whatever’s needed.
- Passionate about brand design and advertising, and an interest in apps and startup culture.
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively within a small, close knit team.
- You know the Adobe suite and Sketch inside out.
- Excellent knowledge of design and production for both print and digital.
- Excellent typography skills.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Confident owner and driver of projects.
- Organised with great planning and prioritisation skills.
- Confident challenging ideas or decisions when needed.
- Able to articulate your point of view and recommendations effectively.
- Provide quality control over design outputs and production.oKeen interest in current design trends.