As an account executive, you'll work within the commercial advertising team acting as a link between the sales team and its agency clients. You will be responsible for ensuring maximum coverage for the agency accounts designated to you, and maximising market share and revenue from these accounts, across web, mobile, print & bespoke content solutions. You will be responsible for helping achieve set revenues and yields for your products and brands.
You'll be responsible for the coordination of advertising campaigns and therefore communicating clearly to all those involved.
It is vital to understand the needs of your clients, which you'll learn through liaising closely with them throughout campaigns. You'll also manage administrative and campaign work to ensure that advertising campaigns are completed on time and that agencies are provided with monthly stats reports.
As an account executive, you'll need to:
- work with colleagues to devise an advertising campaign that meets the agency brief and budget
- present (alongside sales colleagues - particularly the Ad Director) the campaign ideas
- create proposals
- liaise with, and act as the link between the sales team and the advertising agency by maintaining regular contact with both
- ensure that communication flows effectively
- negotiate with agency clients about the details of campaigns
- handle budgets, manage campaign costs and provide monthly campaign reports
- monitor the effectiveness of campaigns
- undertake administrative tasks and process orders
- arrange and attend meetings
- work with relevant teams to explore new commercial opportunities to pitch to key agencies
- regularly communicate with all medical buying agencies on latest developments for the Haymarket medical brands
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- a proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative
- the ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- a drive to achieve and hit targets
- ability to be flexible, and adapt to change
- effective team working skills
- influencing and negotiation skills
- oral and written communication skills
- commercial awareness
- a passion for advertising
- a willingness to learn
- IT literacy and an awareness of how the industry is developing in light of new communication technologies.
Your attitude should be mature, positive, determined and professional. You should be a team player with a can-do creative approach.