Senior Insight and Innovation Consultant - 2 roles
Senior Insight and Innovation Consultant
If you’re a talented insight, branding or senior innovation consultant looking to embrace greater responsibility at a leading international consultancy; then this might be the opening you’ve been looking for!
Our client helps the world’s leading companies develop better products and services. They do this by identifying unmet needs and wants, and/or through developing concepts and solutions that might meet those needs.
Your experience is likely to have been gained in a hands-on insight (qual and/or quant), branding, innovation or planning role. You will have experience of running both online and face to face research projects. You have now outgrown your current role, are frustrated by the limitations of ‘research’ or are simply looking for a more commercial, entrepreneurial place where your contributions define your progress, not ‘doing your time’.
You will demonstrate a growth mindset and passion for new ways of working – always being on the lookout for how they can add most value to our clients.You’ll be someone who enjoys coaching and mentoring others, and sharing your knowledge gleaned from your wider interests, such human behaviour, research, insight and innovation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design and delivery of significant amount of insight and innovation work
- Produce work that meets client’s objectives and is delivered to a high standard.
- A key role as the lead client-facing person
- Understand and interrogate the underlying business objectives from your clients
- Design a progressive insight approach
- Compile a tight and articulate recommendation based on the analysis presented
- Continuously build on your understanding of the clients’ world and their consumers
- Deliver impactful presentations and facilitate engaging workshops with your clients
- Build strong relationships with new and existing clients and always be looking for opportunities to deliver more value to your clients
Our Ideal Candidates
With a background gained in a planning, insight or strategy role in advertising or brand, innovation or design consulting or perhaps on the client-side in an innovation/insight function, you will have extensive experience managing strategic brand projects. Other skills and experience should also include some if not all of the following:
- A broad perspective on markets, consumers and brands, with the ability to bring in fresh thinking into a client’s category or brand from the outside world
- Proven skills in insight development; and sensitivity to working with segmentation techniques, and being able to synthesise implications and direction out of them to shape positionings and concepts
- An intuitive ability to 'read' brands and their role in consumers' lives
- Proven ability to review disparate data sources (quant and qual) and be able to establish, and justify, direction out of that analysis
- Being comfortable working with creative and visual tools and output used to define brands and their positioning
- A broad understanding of the business context and commercial and strategic issues facing our clients and their brands
- Great conceptual and creative ability with an aptitude for crafting insights, positioning statements, and writing concepts
- Strong people skills and an out-going and can-do personality that clients will love, whilst carrying an authority commensurate with the significance of the projects you are accountable for.
- A personality capable of handling conflicting workloads, and deadlines, and which comes up smiling. One which makes a positive contribution to the spirit of a hard working agency, but revels in enjoying the fun and the personalities when we are able
- Great presentation, proposal and facilitation skills
With an ongoing stream of new briefs, our client is seeking a number of consultants/planners to join the team. This a dual hatted role in which you will work with clients to manage projects on a day-to-day basis, and deliver the strategic thinking, analysis and inspiration that underpins brand solutions and recommendations.