Subscriptions Marketing Assistant (apprenticeship)
The Haymarket Skills Academy provides unparalleled opportunities in media. Our award winning apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain industry experience whilst also receiving an accredited qualification. As part of our next intake of apprentices we are now looking for a Subscriptions Assistant to join our Automotive team.Haymarket Automotive comprises What Car?, Classic and Sports Car and Autocar - four brilliant brands that are world-famous for informing and entertaining car buyers, sellers and owners and which share the goal of leading in their chosen marketplaces.
Our reputation is built on quality journalism, slick marketing, product innovation and dogged and skilled salescraft, all in support of digital and print products that lead the market. No other automotive brand interacts with consumers and the car industry so comprehensively or is as well respected by its audience.
Whatever we do, we aim to be the best - and that starts with our teams and the way we place them at the heart of everything we do.
Day to day you’ll support the subscriptions marketing manager to set up and manage campaigns for each brand, manage the subscriptions marketing and retention plans, putting together reports on subscriptions figures, delivering the budgeted subscription revenues for their designated titles and managing promo budgets to deliver effective marketing activity for both acquisitions and retention.In addition, you’ll be involved in planning for larger scale projects or initiatives, working closely with the Subscription Marketing Manager to grow the subscriptions file.
Why work with us? People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Career opportunities As part of your apprenticeship you’ll not only receive a qualification but also gain valuable on the job experience. You will also have the opportunity to attend Haymarket’s in-house, specialist training sessions to aid you further in your role. Since 2014 over 75% of our apprentices have started in permanent positions after completing their apprenticeship.
Our working culture Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues.
What you will learn:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans that support the brands business objectives and drive conversions
- Develop and maximise stakeholder and third party relationships to deliver on brand objectives and strategies
- Work with production teams, central departments, designers, subscriptions bureau, suppliers and agencies
- Day to day management and updates of subscriptions plans
- Assist the subscriptions marketing manager to evaluate and report on marketing campaigns
- Manage administration of marketing budgets, purchase orders, and invoicing on a day to day basis
- Understand current and potential customers, and the associated customer journeys (CRM)
- Work closely with our production/design team to generate marketing materials, including online & print creative.
- Assist in writing and supplying creative briefs to the agencies and design teams (internal or external)
- Assist in writing promotional material, proof-reading and seeking sign-off of marketing materials
- Take shared responsibility for ensuring brand consistency across all platforms
- Work with the Marketing Database team to constantly improve quantity, quality and usage of data
- Innovate, problem-solve and aim for continuous improvement in order to exceed publisher expectations.
- Management of one or more projects in their entirety. Usually such projects will impact on several or all titles in the department and effective management requires a greater degree of autonomy, effective planning, strategic thought and time and budget management in order to deliver specified results.
- Understand and protect yield and profitability
- Monitor competitor activity and interpret their strategy
Who you are:
- Punctuality and organisation are critical in this role so you must be able to manage your time and workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail is very important due to the amount of external promotional material will be needed.
- You will have achieved at least 5 GSCE’s at grades A-C (or equivalent), and will preferably have attained at least 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at Grades C or above.
Other things to know…
- We are based in Twickenham, which is a quick 20 minutes from central London, and easy access from Surrey.
- The Apprenticeship Scheme is based on a Fixed Term Contract, between 12 - 24months (depending on role/qualification)
- You get to Earn as you Learn! - We offer a competitive starting salary of £15,000pa. The apprenticeship qualification is covered and paid for by Haymarket as part of the Apprenticeship Levy scheme.
- We work a 35 hour, full time week, with the option of Flexible Working hours and support a friendly, creative and collaborative culture, reflected in our open-plan working environment.
- Benefits include: 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Pension,, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, plus voluntary benefits such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loans, Gym and Health lifestyle rewards and discounts on the highstreet.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s Automotive division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!