Account Executive - International Research Consultancy
Our client was founded in 1981 and provides economic forecasting and modelling to UK companies and financial institutions expanding abroad. Since then, they have become one of the world’s foremost independent global advisory firms, providing reports, forecasts and analytical tools on 200 countries, 100 industrial sectors and over 3,000 cities. Their best-of-class global economic and industry models and analytical tools give them an unparalleled ability to forecast external market trends and assess their economic, social and business impact..
They are key advisers to corporate, financial and government decision-makers and thought leaders. Their worldwide client base now comprises well over 1500 international organisations, including leading multinational companies and financial institutions; Key Government bodies and Trade Associations; and Top Universities, Consultancies, and Think Tanks.
They are looking for an Account Executive to service their clients and ensure renewals subscription research projects from clients in the UK, Ireland and Nordic countries. Essentially they are looking for a bright candidate with 2-3 years B2B sales experience and with an interest in economics who can multi-task and has great customer service skills.
Sales and Client Management
· Manage the existing book of business. Responsible for renewing all accounts.
· Identify upsell opportunities in conjunction with business development.
· Organise client meetings with economists to help with client retention.
· Manage the client tracker system, and liaise with economists to make sure they interact with their assigned client.
· Manage ongoing interaction between head of global macro and all clients.
· Organise events in the UK and Netherlands.
· Call clients ahead of events to find out if they are attending.
· Organise ongoing demos of products to clients.
· Deal with client queries on an ongoing basis.
· Manage user analytics and processes
Skills and Experience:
· A University degree in Economics, Politics, or International Relations is preferred.
· A proven, demonstratable account management or client relations track record, with at least 2 years years of experience, preferably in the independent research space.
· Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
· Candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills
· Must have knowledge of MicrosoftWord, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must be a self-starter, with the drive to set and reach ambitious goals
· Must be a team player
· Fluent English, other languages are a plus
· Phone and face to face experience.