Assistant Retail Range Marcomms Manager - 12 month FTC
Assistant Retail Range Manager up to £32,000 – 12 month FTC
Our client a global giant in confectionary with a strong heritage in the UK and a chain of retail stores. They are looking for a marketer who has already started their career in retail marketing, and is looking to progress in this area. You will be part of a Retail Marketing team based in London.
About the Role:
This is a newly created role where you will be responsible for supporting the Retail Range manager in driving the development of an in-store range of products for the retail channel – from innovation strategy to hands-on product development, to POS in store.
You will liaise with marketing, R&D, production, third party suppliers and the in-store teams to ensure that the brand visions are brought to life through a delicious and differentiated portfolio of products for loyal customers and a new target audience.
This is fantastic opportunity to gain some really great transformational experience and work on game-changing strategy.
- Working with suppliers and the R&D team on new product development (food and drink propositions), building and developing briefs that the R&D team and 3rd parties will work on
- You will manage a stage gate process, keeping all parties up to date and ensuring projects hit deadlines
- Work with an operations team on in-store trials and teste and learn to make sure new products are fit for purpose
- Attend trade and innovation shows
- Build and deliver packaging design briefs, working with a design team
- Assist in photo shoots when required
- Coordinate all launch paperwork
- Work with agencies and suppliers in the development of POS and new marketing campaigns related to new launches
- Support experiential team with product information and delivery
- Build and manage retail relationships, providing training support for new products alongside the operations team
Insights and Trends:
- Review sales data, customer insight and market trends to build future briefs and help direct innovation
- Lead NPD/EPD customer research, with support from the customer insight team
- Support the Trading team in the set up and monitoring of KPIs for all NPD/EPD
- Have a real passion for food – and be inspired by customer, food and drink trends
- Have had previous retail marketing experience – ideally from a food retailer
- Have a customer focused outlook
- Experience working within a stage-gate development process – strong project management skills
- A self-starter
- Can create structure and build process
- Good at building relationships and making allies
- Will thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with frequent UK travel
- Will enjoy making the job your own
If this role sounds just like you, please get in touch.
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don’t hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise daily **