Key Account Director - International Exhibition
Do you want to work for one of the world’s leading organisers of international exhibitions and conferences.
Our client strives to run the best shows and offer the best service to its customers throughout the world regardless of location. By putting exhibitors and visitors at the heart of everything they do. This Key Account Director is working on major technology shows and it will be your responsibility to increase revenue through building & managing regional key accounts and driving the key account relationship through understanding the client’s objectives, developing and managing the implementation of strategy, particularly in relation to revenue growth and client service excellence.
They are looking for someone who can marry both the strategic consultancy mind set in terms of future opportunity and growth, but also the incisive commercial acumen necessary to work with major accounts and senior stakeholders. They are also looking for an intellectual, sophisticated sales professional that can engage with senior leaders who can understand their objectives and challenges and have the ability to create solutions.
• To increase revenue from each customer and drive space and sponsorship sales
• To continually build on the knowledge of the client organisation and understanding of their market & strategy, both at HQ and local level, and maintaining high visibility & impact with the client
• To ensure an excellent understanding of the client’s needs
• Ensuring consistent quality of services with every client interaction and ensure overall client satisfaction
• Developing people relationships at the client
YOU MUST HAVE...
• Outstanding self-awareness, able to command respect, with high levels of influencing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, good at building effective working relationships at all levels and able to deal with senior clients
• First rate communicator with proven business development and negotiation skills
• Ability to assimilate knowledge rapidly and apply it influentially
• Ability to question and challenge with authority & diplomacy – an influencer and persuader
• Strengths in building effective relationships and networks
• Excellent organisation and planning skills.
• Proven track record in key account management, ideally from with an exhibitions/events background
• Experience of working closely with senior managers on commercial issues
• Experience of managing across an international and diverse cultural business
• A strong commercial outlook
• Experience in an online environment desirable.