Bain & Company
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization, private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 57 offices in 36 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector. In May 2018 Bain acquired FRWD, having partnered with them for many years. The acquisition will dramatically strengthen Bain & Company’s ability to help its clients drive superior results across marketing channels, and ecommerce, decrease their long-term reliance on external partners, and leverage customer data sets for better accuracy in reaching consumers.
FRWD is a unique digital marketing agency designed to build client capability through a comprehensive approach to helping companies make the best digital marketing investments. To do so, FRWD extends client teams through co-location of top creative, media optimization, data science, and advertising technology teams to shorten test cycle time and leverage learnings to move forward. The agency also acquires and trains talent for clients to create sustainable campaigns and drive continual improvement without further FRWD presence. FRWD works with some of the world’s most recognized consumer brands, leading healthcare providers, entertainment companies and more. FRWD is currently based in Minneapolis but is focused on building out an EMEA presence with a hub in Bain’s London office.
With the combined skills of Bain and FWRD, we are able to bridge the gap between brand, marketing, strategy and execution, trialing strategies in immediate real-life tests, while having the operating model and organizational design experience to scale the results throughout the organization.
FRWD@bain is looking for an experienced professional with a track record of applying technology to generate invaluable real-time consumer learning and continuous improvement in marketing investment outcomes. Someone eager to take the next step in their career, contribute within a high-performing team, and intrigued by a unique consulting/agency hybrid service model. Month to month experiences will typically range from very focused channel optimizations, to full transformations of larger organizations across strategy, audience segmentation, creative, data structure and sources, technology assessment and team capabilities. We are looking for someone who is excited to share their knowledge with the broader Bain and client teams, and connect the client’s marketing efforts to broader business outcomes. The person must want to help build and foster a healthy and innovative work environment.
In FRWD@bain nomenclature, the Expert is expected to bring strong expertise in 1-2 primary products/capabilities, while proactively taking responsibility for outcomes of wider client engagement. The Expert is a critical member of the client teams, helping move at pace through our “small moves” way of working. In some cases this role guides execution by other agencies or internal client teams, and in some cases by FRWD@bain. The Expert must objectively solve for each situation under the guidance of the case leadership while earning trust without turf issues – sometimes including CMO’s, CFO’s and other agency partners.
This particular Expert role will help drive outcomes for clients as they accelerate their eCommerce capabilities. This position will work within a consulting team to break down silos, create understanding that enables faster decision making through a single unified view of audiences and their interactions with the brand. By improvement of various aspects of client eCommerce performance, this role helps drive client results to become leaders in their fields.
- Develop and support ecommerce strategy, providing executional review for largest and most complex clients, with accurate data and related strong value-generating insights – role models best in class reporting, analytics, and insights across Direct to Consumer (DTC) and 3rd party ecommerce.
- Budget-optimization: Coach/train others to plan, deliver daily / weekly optimizations with test and learn focus, builds innovative testing/learning capabilities at clients – capably stepping in to drive when needed
- Vendors: Supports team vendor relationships in trickiest eCommerce situations, coaching to prompt win-win solutions for clients
- Media strategy: Derive novel media strategies given unique client contexts (in light of industry, sophistication, other criteria), solving thorniest, most complex ecommerce problems
- Channel mastery: Drive novel solutions to the toughest client problems in eCommerce provides light/limited coverage / support across other platforms/elements of product suite (e.g., other team members working in Social, for example)
- Technology: Provide recommendations on the latest technology infrastructure in order to deliver class leading ecommerce both DTC and through 3rd
- Ownership: Proactively take responsibility for outcomes of wider case and impact upon it; supporting workstreams and working across silos to prioritize the biggest impacts with the least effort or investment
- Growth/learning: Contribute expertise to global /high profile events,contributes to training and other forums for sharing/teaching
- Client deliverables: Generates ongoing demand for expertise through casework and proposal support, between cases or when current case demands allow; represent FRWD@Bain with current / future clients
- Client engagement: Act as enabler of internal training with FRWD & Bain; engaging with positivity, professionalism with client teams (internal and external clients)
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years relevant eCommerce experience
- Capabilities/in-platform: Deep, thought-leadership expertise in eCommerce including experience among DTC products, Display, Search, Social, MarTech, and Media Mix
- Experience with Amazon, as well as other eCommerce platforms (leading retailers, more) and relevant eCommerce success concepts
- Up-to-date fluency and comfort monitoring evolving online media and technology trends as well as competitive activity with the aim of driving best practice adoption in digital experience and e-commerce. This includes the exploration of new and effective products or enhancements that will improve site experiences, digital marketing efforts and enhance consumer perception of client brands.
- Experience managing external agencies but also a proven track record of bringing all digital functions in-house.
- Deep understanding of both multi-touch attribution and A/B testing models and how to optimize channels for best results. Experience building/acquiring, structuring and leveraging 1st through 3rd party data sets into paid media
- Knowledge of and comfort with a variety of online tools, inclusive of marketing automation platforms, content management systems, CRM, and web analytics.
- Thorough understanding of marketing technology (tools & tech) including analytic packages, search platforms and data onboarding solutions.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, ability to lead projects and work with cross-functional teams and/or third-party partners
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Experience using data as a strategic choice for the business to identify use cases to build the business and fill gaps in data, processes, and systems to realize the value
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to use storytelling to influence decisions
Apply for eCommerce Expert
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly