New Business Director (Mat. Cover)
At Ogilvy we make brands matter. We make them matter for years, for quarters and for right now.
Some marketeers and commentators believe brands no longer matter in the era of more channel fragmentation, micro-targeting, technology, and perfect data. But we believe that brands have never mattered more as beacons of trust and identity for consumers.
We are a team of brilliant, creative problem-solvers who believe there’s nothing we can’t achieve together, for our clients and for each other.
If that sounds like somewhere you want to be, read on…
New Business as a craft is very well respected within Ogilvy and as such you’ll be in contact with senior level and c-suite employees and should feel confident around these stakeholders. Everyone in the department is expected to be a real ambassador for Ogilvy
Our team at Ogilvy seamlessly integrates new business, marketing and comms. Under the Head of New Business & Marketing, you would be the senior new business and marketing expert responsible specifically for driving the growth of our Advertising & Customer Engagement capabilities. We have a growing team, including a New Business Manager & New Business Executive.
The role will require partnering with Heads of Capability (Advertising, Customer Engagement) to set the strategic direction for their capability/ ies with regards to net new business. This must be consistent with the broader Ogilvy growth plan, broader business objectives and company vision. They will define approaches to target key sectors/ clients in order to meet financial targets as set by the business. They will manage each touchpoint across the customer journey in order to reach targets at the best possible time to attract them to Ogilvy. This can include direct approaches, 1-1 meetings, events, written comms and thought leadership. They will manage the early part of the pitch process from first contact with the agency- qualifying leads, through to RFI, RFP and oversee the pitch, ensuring best practice and a focus on winning. They will be involved in casting based on what they know about the client and their business. They will bring energy and professionalism to an agreed new business process, ensuring the team bring their ‘A Game’ throughout. They will manage a New Business Manager and New Business Executive to ensure alignment across the new business team, consistency of reporting and management of stakeholders including intermediaries, trade bodies and WPP.
- Partner with the Heads of Advertising & Customer Engagement to drive their new business and marketing plans, devising innovative strategies to meet targets.
- Develop and implement a relevant contact strategy which includes a variety of push and pull marketing tactics, events and thought leadership.
- Work with our Comms experts to deliver above.
- Deliver best in class RFIs and RFPs, supported by New Business Manager/ New Business Exec
- Oversee the New Business Manager and Executive to ensure the external representations of the Advertising & Customer Engagement Capabilities are clearly defined, compelling and differentiated.
- Be a key player in the pitch process, ensuring we’re focused on winning by delivering against best practice
- Build relationships across the business, ensuring the NB team is deemed professional, a beacon for new business best practice and the beating heart of the agency
Track record in agency new business, knowledge of the industry and pitch process is key to ensure you can hit the ground running.
The role is extremely varied – no two days are ever the same – but each day is always busy! The candidate needs to be resourceful and work both quickly and accurately to meet deadlines.
The candidate must be a natural communicator who can work with people at all levels of the agency and must be comfortable communicating with c-suite and senior clients. The candidate will be able to motivate others to produce work quickly, liaising with all departments - from production, client services and creative - to turn around work quickly accurately and to budget. You should be curious and sociable and, most importantly, excited by creativity.
The ideal candidate needs to be energetic, organised, flexible and motivated Good written and verbal communication skills are essential as credentials and communications are tailored to meet the individual opportunity. Accuracy and engagement are key.
The candidate must be able to deal with the pressures of working to conflicting deadlines and must be able to juggle multiple priorities.
At the heart of everything we do are our core values, our DNA, those beliefs that make us part of Ogilvy. We have a set of five values that we expect everybody in the agency to sign up to. It’s not a set of rules, but it is a set of beliefs about how we go about our daily lives that we think helps set expectations of the kind of partners we look for.
- Divine Discontent: We are never satisfied
- Relentless Curiosity: Just try it
- Adaptive Connection: Everyone matters, embrace difference
- Pervasive Creativity: Put creativity first
- Eternal Craft: Care about every detail
Apply for New Business Director (Mat. Cover)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly