Department for Transport
Closing date: 14 Jul 2019
Salary: from £33,990 - £36,880
Are you an experienced marketing manager with a track record of planning and developing paid-for integrated marketing campaigns?
Do you want to work on a cutting-edge marketing campaign that will drive forward the future of the UK’s automotive industry, and support the Government’s ambition to see an end to the sale of petrol and diesel cars by 2040?
If so, this unique and exciting opportunity as our marketing manager is for you, and we’d love to hear from you.
A world first, the Go Ultra Low campaign is a joint partnership between government and leading vehicle manufacturers in the UK. The campaign promotes the uptake of electric vehicles, and plays a pivotal role in raising awareness, addressing misconceptions and, ultimately increasing acceptance and sales of electric vehicles amongst consumer and fleet audiences.
This role is based within the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), a joint unit between the Department for Transport and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop communications on a high-profile policy area, within a fast paced, hardworking and supportive environment. You will be responsible for supporting planning, development, delivery and evaluation across the full spectrum of Go Ultra Low.
Within your role you will:
• Commission, review and analyse research, identifying relevant insights to shape campaign activity;
• Plan and deliver campaigns across above and below the line channels, including broadcasting (e.g. radio, video on demand, print), PR, digital and social media platforms;
• Create multi-channel campaign plans – mapping channels to audiences to ensure the programme of activity lands effectively with our audiences;
• Develop and deliver evaluation plans to assess impact and effectiveness of campaign activity, applying learnings to future activity;
• Develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver communications through trusted intermediaries;
• Manage agencies and own work to deliver high quality, cost effective marketing activity to agreed timescales that meets Department for Transport objectives;
• Manage marketing budgets and drive value for money;
• Provide marketing expertise and advice to wider DfT communications and policy colleagues.
You will have strong communication skills both verbally and in writing with the ability to adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences, maximising both impact and understanding. You are someone who wants to hit the ground running and make a real impact within the department.
You will have excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple (and often conflicting) workloads to time and to a high standard. You’ll be a good team player and someone who can gain
rapport quickly with their colleagues and stakeholders as you build effective working relationships.