Strategist / Planner (Midweight) - Digital + Direct
This small, but perfectly-formed integrated agency is on the lookout for a Strategist/Planner to lead the digital, direct and customer engagement strategy for some of their leading high-end financial services and lifestyle clients.
This Strategist /Planner will work closely with the senior management team and help deliver a broad range of digital, direct, CRM, social and integrated strategies and projects.
Reporting directly into the Senior Management Team, you would be the only planner in the agency, with lots of scope to add value and make an impact at this small, but growing agency, with the chance to employ other strategists and build a small department in the future if all goes well. The agency has recently been winning significant new business, so it’s a great time to join.
This role would ideally suit an established mid-weight Strategist / Planner looking for their next step up in the industry, or perhaps someone at a larger network agency who is ready for a change from large-network life and up for a smaller, more agile and entrepreneurial culture, where you won’t just feel like another cog in the machine.
As a Strategist / Planner, you should have at least 4 years of agency experience in the role already under your belt, and be able to demonstrate the right level of strategic thinking, commercial acumen and senior client-management skills, to be considered for this role.
Strategist / Planner Key responsibilities:
- As a Strategist / Planner you will be working across digital marketing, email, social, microsite builds and some broader integrated projects.
- You will be generating insights and planning the end to end customer journey where you will be inspiring creative teams and driving improvements in customer engagement across each campaign.
- You will work closely with the Creative Director and Client Service Director to develop brand and customer strategies, write creative briefs and help develop and shape creative proposals on both existing business and new business.
- You will be the strategic marketing expert both within the agency and for your clients, understanding their key business objectives, and identifying opportunities to help them improve their communications.
- You will also be responsible for setting up appropriate insight-gathering, measurement and evaluation tools and helping educate account management on strategic and effectiveness issues.
- As the key strategic lead in the agency, you will also help develop agency positioning, credentials and marketing documents, promoting the agency through insight and think pieces where appropriate.
Strategist / Planner Requirements:
- Solid digital, social and direct marketing experience (4 years+)
- A great understanding of both the big picture of brand strategy and the detail of customer journeys and communications plans.
- A confident self-starter, able to work autonomously and gain the trust of senior blue-chip clients
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Collaborative, can-do attitude – in a small agency working as a team and supporting one another is key.
- A curious, open mind, culturally-connected mind with a genuine interest in the way that modern, data-driven communications are evolving.
- Previous global account experience also useful.
If this sounds like your sort of Strategist / Planner role and you would like to know more or have a confidential chat, please send through your CV today.
We apologise but we cannot respond to all unsuccessful applications.
Apply for Strategist / Planner (Midweight) - Digital + Direct
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly