Group Advertising Manager - Engineering Portfolio
You will work for an Award Winning Content Marketing Agency. The Group Advertising Manager is in charge of ensuring maximum profitability across their engineering portfolio. You will play a senior role in resource allocation, knowledge share and employee development. The Engineering portfolio consists of three clients and managing a team of three. The role would suit an individual with a strong track record of identifying gaps in markets as well as developing and implementing the correct products to take advantage of the opportunity.
• Attendance at key industry events, including international travel.
• Development of innovative, commercially sound ideas working directly with the Client to implement new initiatives
• Take overarching commercial responsibility for all accounts within the portfolio
• Good understanding of all accounts in the portfolio
• Take responsibility for commercial relationship with Client
• Run commercial Client meetings
• Take ownership for identifying needs and implementing changes to advertising strategies as required
• Ensure time allocations across accounts are achieving account targets and maximising profitability
• Allocation of advertising clients amongst the team.
• Approval of all sales strategies within their group
• Set resource and team strategy
• Represent Them and their Client at industry events as required
• Provide reporting to Sales/ Commercial Director
• Ultimate responsibility for team and delivery of KPIs
• Up-to-date knowledge of advertising industry and trends
• Ultimate responsibility for the development and management of team members.
• Manage and implement changes to resourcing across team as required
• Sign off new roles and recruit as required
• Make salary and commission recommendations to Sales Director
• Represent team in senior management discussions and feedback
• Work with the Sales Director and other Group Advertising Managers to share insight and improve department
• Monitor and address any issues in relation to deviation from management accounts sales targets
• Prepare documentation and proposals and deliver to key advertising clients as required
• Take ownership of running individual accounts as required
• Ownership of liaison with Account Management, Production and Finance teams as required
• Identify areas for process efficiencies and implement as required
• Full understanding of accounts profitability
• Use understanding of multiple accounts to inform innovation and efficiency across all accounts
• Ultimate responsibility for all adverts in magazines going to press, from your portfolio.
• Manage relationship with accounts.
• Contribute to commercial elements of new business pitches as required.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong work ethic
• Strong numeracy skills
• Well presented
• Motivator of self and others
• Innovative / Desire to push things forward
• Flexibility/ versatility
• Organisational skills
• Collaboration skills
• Cross platform media knowledge
• Comfortable with presentations to C suite
Educational or Professional Qualifications
• At least five years industry experience
• At least two years management experience
• Higher Education degree or equivalent
• Simply Health package including discounted gym membership
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Travel card loan
• 1 hour lie in/early finish on your birthday
• 4.30pm finish on Fridays
• Sales days out throughout the year
• Continuous training and development