Design Manager - 12 Month Contract
Our client, a leading High Street Fashion Retailer are seeking an Integrated Design Lead with retail experience to join their passionate studio based in Central London for a 12-month maternity cover contract. You will wear many different hats in this role, from Project Management duties, to pitching and overseeing the delivery of creative assets across, retail, print and digital channels, no day will ever be the same, but your hard work will be truly valued and rewarded.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and driven Senior Designer who is ready to take the next step and manage projects and processes end to end, as well as take a proactive role managing workflow, senior stakeholders and your own team. This is somewhere you can really make an impact; your work will be extremely varied, and you will always be given the trust and autonomy to manage your own work stream. Even with this being a 12-month contract, my client are still happy to offer training and development opportunities to the right candidate!
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Owning the full design process from concept through to output across mobile, web, retail and email. design looking at the photography, art direction and final design execution.
- Brand guardian for all branded content across print and digital channels.
- Work closely with Creative Director and Brand Director to lead pitch projects for the business to grow.
- Develop, implement and drive the design strategy closely with the Creative Director.
- Take responsibility for the aesthetic, usability and sign off on all design assets across digital and print.
- Consistently drive and be aware of fashion commerce sites – designs and development.
- Champion design innovation within all digital communication ensuring we are at the forefront of Ecommerce, Fashion and Retail.
- Take ownership of the briefing process, ensuring key stakeholders’ hand over all assets before the job
- Manage effectively the junior team member’s resources and workload.
- Ensure the team have all suitable assets, images and copy required to complete each project, regularly updating job planner.
- Use the online job tracker (Trello) to brief in projects and make sure deadlines are met on time and to a high standard.
- Work with key stakeholders to agree timelines and manage their expectations throughout.
- Drive creative delivery, implement project schedules, monitor project progress
- Able to motivate and inspire as well as manage a full project plan and prioritise resource.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 2 years at Senior Graphic Design/Lead level ideally within retail
- Advanced understanding of Adobe CC (After Effects & Sketch desirable)
- Working knowledge of web development like HTML & CSS, exposure to CMS would be beneficial
- Extensive understanding of campaign development and experience in strategy planning and measuring campaign success.
- Experience with managing a team of creatives
- Comprehensive understanding of social media and content creation skills
- Team player, motivated and proactive and collaborative, a solutions driven individual with the ability to use your own initiative
- Bonus scheme
- 32 Days holiday (Incl. Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Staff discount
- Early finishes on Friday and time off for shopping during the Xmas period
- Late start and early finish on your birthday
If you would like the opportunity to join a friendly and collaborative team for 12-months to learn new skills and have a hands-on role at all times, then please send your CV & Folio in now for immediate consideration & interview!