Interim PR & Media Officer
This is such a fantastic role..........My client a charitable organisation based in Coventry are looking for an Interim PR & Media Officer for a 12 month FTC to start end of July/August - this role is part- time - 3 or 4 days/week so a rare opportunity to find!
Reporting into the Head of Communications and Marketing you will utilise your press and communication experience with the business to make a real difference!
This roles requires an individual to:
- Proactively and re-actively represent the charity to national and regional print, broadcast and online media
- Constantly seek out relevant press for the sector and proactively comment
- Prepare and issue press releases to local and national consumer and trade press
- Provide comment in respect to profile building or crisis communications
- Maintain relationships with key editors, producers and journalists within the sector
- Help plan and direct the creation of material that will maintain and enhance the charity's public image
- Work with colleagues and suppliers to ensure all material is relevant
The suitable candidate must have:
- Strong written, verbal communication skills with a proactive imagination
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with staff and external stakeholders.
- A finisher who responds positively to a deadline environment.
- Experience in a press environment
- Experience in: working in front line customer service environment, working on fast-paced news desk or similar deadline environment (involving writing)
- A self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
If this Interim PR & Media Officer role is of interest and you are immediately available I would love to hear from you. This role is commutable from Rugby, Leicester, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford upon Avon, Solihull, Birmingham, Coventry and offers a salary of up to £31,000 dependent on experience.