Project Manager (Visual Merchandise)
A very highly-regarded Mid-Sized Retail Design Agency are looking for a Visual Merchandising Project Manager to join their existing team of Project Managers working closely with the Design, Sales and Production teams to deliver a range of creative projects such pop-ups, window displays, installations and events for a range of the biggest and best global retail organisations who largely operate in the luxury fashion and apparel space.
(Temp and Perm positions available)
They are open to level of seniority for this role and they would look at candidates who are Junior, Mid-Weight or Senior for this role and salaries and working expectations will reflect this. The most important this company is that they get the right person, with the right skillset and approach to work – seniority level is negotiable.
They would like recruit someone on a permanent basis and are also open to recruiting the role on a temporary to permanent (temp-to-perm) basis. They would also consider candidates who are only looking for work on a temp/freelance/contract basis until they find the right permanent member of staff.
The business has an internal manufacturing department so the Project Manager in this role will need to be very comfortable with both managing an in-house manufacturing team and assessing the physical products to ensure that they’ve been made in the way that the client has specified.
You will need very strong client and supplier facing skills for this role. There is a sales team who are responsible for the management client relationships however around 90% of the role is client-facing. Excellent supplier management and negotiation skills are highly valuable in this role to ensure that projects are delivered to within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Experience delivering visual merchandising projects in a similar agency
- Very confident in front of clients, suppliers and the team
- Excellent supplier management and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of how to interpret technical / CAD drawings
- Genuine flexibility and humility when it comes to working style. They have a unique working style, so you’ll need to be willing to learn and teachable irrespective of your level of experience. You’ll also need the willingness to deliver projects in the way that they recommend
- Agreeing project objectives, timelines and budgets
- Day-to-day management of multiple projects simultaneously for a variety of client accounts
- Completion of all project documentation with the associated internal administration, including: creating internal briefing documents, project scheduling, resource planning, handling client feedback, H&S documentation and project status reports
- Completion of all financial aspects of project management, including: budgeting (internal and external fees etc), monitoring margin and tracking costs, generating PO’s and invoice requests with financial reporting to the Head of Department
- Briefing Production department staff and contactors
- Develop strong and effective working relationships with all team members and external parties
- Organise the (on-site where applicable) delivery and installation of projects
- Resource and brief installations teams
- Identify and tracks project risks and issues whilst developing and executing mitigation plans
This role will move quickly, so please do apply immediately with a CV or LinkedIn Profile URL with an (email address and a phone number) for consideration.