Associate Strategy Director
We are looking for an inspiring, talented and driven Associate Strategy Director for our UK agency to play an important role in our continued success and expansion. April Six is an award winning B2B agency that specialises in Tech, we are fortunate enough to partner brands like Symantec, VMware, AMD and HP. We are a global agency with over 125 team members across 7 agencies in 3 continents and have been ranked in the top 20 B2B global and fastest growing agencies in the last year. This role will ideally be predominantly based at our Harefield office (just outside of Uxbridge), however we’re happy for some flexible working between this office and our Central London office in Fitzrovia.
Purpose of Role
April Six is creating a team of modern minded strategists to help some of the world’s largest technology companies solve intricate and integrated marketing challenges across media, communications, brand, audience, content and digital.
As an experienced Strategist you will have previously worked with B2B brands, ideally within the technology sector. You will apply this experience working with the Head of Strategy to build strong relationships with key client stakeholders, working with the client and creative teams to ensure our communication plans & GTM strategies reflect best practice engagement techniques, demand generation methodologies, connection strategies, and are born from true insights originated by our team. As a senior member of staff within the agency you will support multiple client accounts and some new business opportunities, acting as a digital innovator, communication expert, and experience evangelist at every opportunity.
- Work closely with the Head of Strategy to drive the strategic agenda for existing clients including opening-up new opportunities for organic growth.
- Drive pitch success with new clients with clever and original thinking.
- Create commercially strong, engaging strategies for both existing and potential new clients that deliver against their business and creative objectives.
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure that the creative output is guided and inspired by insights and understanding.
- Play an influential role in the development of inspiring creative briefs.
- Own and lead strategy for some of the agency’s accounts.
- Identify and promote the use of technology tools and platforms that can be used to further enhance our strategic offer.
- Contribute to agency’s thought leadership content programme.
- Support colleagues, helping them think more strategically, in order to instil a culture of strategic thinking across all agency departments.
- Work with the Head of Strategy to continue to evolve the April Six strategy department.
Essential experience, skills and attributes:
- Experience in developing B2B and / or Tech digital strategies
- Strong digital experience and expertise
- Appreciation of the latest digital, social, experience trends and their application to B2B & technology marketing
- A good amount of previous agency, planning, and/or marketing experience
- B2B / Tech marketing exposure
- Client management experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Flexible, adaptable and able to think on the spot
- Naturally confident, outgoing person with strong written and oral presentation skills, strong ability to work well with a variety of different people
- A curious and inquisitive mind
- Resilience, tenacity and the ability to retain a positive outlook
£50-65k experience dependant plus a great benefits package including; 25 days’ holiday per year, pension and Bupa Healthcare (these will be added to the package following successful completion of the 3-month probation period).