Senior Researcher/Data Journalist - Landscape Market
Horticulture Week is looking for a highly numerate Senior Researcher or Data Journalist to join our editorial research team, working primarily in the landscape market.
Haymarket Business Media’s award-winning B2B brand Horticulture Week is the leading provider of high-value business intelligence for the £25bn UK horticulture and landscaping market.
We provide our highly engaged subscribers from the horticulture and landscaping markets with independent insight into key trends and developments impacting the market, unique benchmarking reports and business leads powered by a suite of in–house data products.
We are looking for a highly numerate senior researcher or data journalist to join our editorial research team, working primarily in the landscape market.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Tracking, and reporting on, the major landscape construction and management projects in the UK
- Researching and writing weekly analyses on key developments affecting the landscape market, major landscape projects and leading landscape businesses
- Tracking, and reporting on, project bids and wins by landscape designers, contractors and suppliers through proactive development of strong personal contacts with leading firms in the market
- Reporting on major tenders and project business opportunities for our professional landscape audience
- Delivering our exclusive Top 100 Landscape Contractors research report and related products
- Maintaining a strong focus on internal HBM analytics to understand which content is most highly valued by our audience
You will need to have the desire and confidence to take full responsibility for the successful delivery of research and editorial projects for this market, to deadline, and to the high quality that our audience expects.
Deadlines are everything in our business so you’ll need to be an expert at time management - and able to thrive under pressure.
Essential attributes include:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of research and writing for a business audience
- Excellent command of written English and strong verbal communication skills
Highly desirable attributes include:
- An excellent academic record
- Experience of working on data products