Account Manager /Senior Account Manager - design/retail
Account Manager or Senior Account Manager opening at an established brand and retail agency in Central London who help design the future for iconic brands in the retail, fashion and lifestyle sector.
Dynamic, entrepreneurial agency of around 80 people, part of a global network but the spirit of an independent.
The Account Manager is the engine of Account Management and ensures the smooth delivery of projects by acting as the conduit between all departments and the clients. Not only do they act as support to the Account Director on key accounts but also independently own smaller projects. Working in conjunction with the AD they develop the project infrastructure, budgets and SOW timeline.
Through the above the AM builds good everyday relationships with clients, demonstrating their ability to run the project process.
• Previous agency experience in the design industry or related creative industry (retail experience preferred)
• Proven experience in 3D/environmental design process
• Proven ability managing medium-scale branding and design projects for both environments and brand communication deliverables
• Strong experience engaging, developing and retaining client relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills honed within the creative industry
• Logical, organised, eye for detail
• Team oriented within a framework of leadership
Key Responsibilities: The majority of time within the role is dedicated to:
• Project Management
o Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of projects ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget and to brand
o Responsible for the development and management of the project process, ensuring clarity of requirements, deliverables, timelines and visibility against fees throughout the project life cycle
o Display the ability not only to curate working teams in studio but also to manage personal workload though multitasking, workload prioritisation, internal collaboration, delegation, and on the job training/mentoring of Account Coordinators
o Building trust among mid-level clients by earning a reputation for not only being competent but also informed brand ambassadors/advocates
o Manage client expectations and resolve issues promptly
o Financially accountable for managing project-spend, including supporting on proposal writing and actioning forecasting plans/reporting on monthly annual targets
o Working alongside the Senior Account Manager/Account Director to develop actionable project plans
o Showcase the ability to prepare cases for negotiating agency fees and supplier costs to present with the SAM or AD
o Develop clear and exciting briefs for creative in conjunction with strategy
o Demonstrate sound creative judgment in conjunction with the ability to coherently articulate a point of view when work is off brief or in need of further refinement
• Client Insight
o Maintaining a good understanding of the clients’ business and the major trends; ensuring the Account Co-ordinator develops knowledge on an ongoing basis
Key Success Factors:
• Ownership: Excellent project management and financial planning skills
• Reactive: Generation of project opportunities within existing clients
• Collaboration: Ability to unify and lead project teams
• Relationships: Management of the dynamics between client and agency