EMEA Affiliate Marketing Specialist
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon Europe are currently seeking a passionate, driven and ambitious Affiliate Marketing Specialist to join their performance marketing team that sits within the Imaging Technologies and Communications Group (ITCG).
As the EMEA Affiliate Marketing Specialist you will primary responsibility will be to drive traffic and sales for the Canon EMEA stores. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing the affiliate marketing strategy for Canon EMEA and the role will entail supporting the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist in delivering and optimising market leading affiliate and performance led digital marketing campaigns that maximize revenue & return for Canons online stores.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
As the EMEA Affiliate Marketing Specialist, your key responsibilities and duties will be:
- Working with the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist to devise a dedicated Canon Affiliate Strategy that meets ITCG’s business objectives.
- Managing, overseeing and challenging the Affiliate agency / network to successfully execute the Canon Affiliate Strategy within budget, which delivers traffic, revenue and profitability for ITCG.
- Working closely with other Performance Marketing team members (PPC, Display and Paid Social) and wider stakeholders (Cross Channel Marketing) to ensure co-ordinated cross channel integration.
- Supporting the Senior Digital Marketing Specialist with the set up and development of new and existing direct strategic partnerships, which complement the affiliate program, to help Canon reach applicable audiences.
- Leading and nurturing strategic 1-2-1 affiliate relationships. Identify and source new affiliates / affiliate opportunities which will drive growth for the program.
- Managing the affiliate budget to ensure commissions, network fees, tenancies and other applicable costs are accurately forecasted and accounted for – delivering positive ROI.
- Monitoring the affiliate space, ensuring promotions, content and campaigns are timely, accurate and in line with Canon brand guidelines.
- Leveraging automation, best practice and the latest industry developments to continually improve the contribution of affiliates to our wider digital marketing capabilities.
- Liaising and collaborating with the local markets (NSOs), ensuring the affiliate program aligns with country specific goals and objectives.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
To be successful as the EMEA Affiliate Marketing Specialist, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience working in a Marketing Affiliates role within digital marketing / ecommerce, either agency or client side, preferably within the retail sector. International experience is an advantage (desirable)
- Experience in implementing strategies to deliver growth and results across affiliate marketing.
- An understanding of the different types of affiliate models including CPA/CPL/CPC/CPM.
- Experience managing external agencies / networks, ensuring optimum service levels.
- Knowledgeable in using website analytics packages (preferably Google Analytics), analytical with keen eye for detail, using insights to drive conversions.
- Knowledge of affiliate marketing networks (Awin, Commission Junction, TradeDoubler), affiliate vertical types (aggregators, search, cashback, loyalty, voucher, content etc.) and the acquisition / retention tactics used to help drive KPIs
- Experience in leading and managing multiple affiliate relationships on a 1 2-1 basis.
- Experience in managing direct partnerships within a B2C environment.
- Understanding of other performance marketing channels (PPC, SEO, Display, Paid Social, CRM) and how these channels work with Affiliates (desirable)
You will need
As a Canon Europe employee you will need to demonstrate the following
- Strong focus on results and ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken – other languages desirable
- Solid problem-solving skills with a positive can-do attitude.
- Strong business and commercial awareness. Experience in managing budgets with a focus on driving ROI and profitability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organised and able to flourish individually or within a team environment.
This role is based at our European HQ in Stockley Park, Uxbridge. In return for being our EMEA Affiliate Marketing Specialist you can expect to receive a competitive base salary plus annual bonus, access to our DB Pensions scheme, private medical cover, life insurance, 25 days holiday, staff discount across our product range on-line.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.