Marketing Strategy Specialist
There are 2 positions available:
- Marketing Strategy Specialist – Print
- Marketing Strategy Specialist – Pro / B2B
The successful candidate will be required to run the annual marketing strategy and planning process for Print / Pro-B2B. It will be key to lead the planning process between marketing, sales, product marketing and business management team. Develop and communicate the Marketing Strategy plan and deliverables to both Canon Europe and Local Sales Company stakeholders. The candidate will be required to build and maintain a good understanding of the Print / Pro-B2B market.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Run the annual marketing strategy and planning process for Print / Pro-B2B market and product categories in line with business objectives and strategy.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of market trends, customer insights, competitor innovation, buying behaviours, industry trends and sector dynamics.
- Work collaboratively with Business Management, Products Teams, Sales, Marketing and Business Development to develop effective routes to market. Agree and document the marketing channel approach based on target customers &/or segments as a determinant in defining marketing strategy.
- Work with marketing teams to support sales and collaborate to help develop an optimised marketing activity plan. Share & agree plan with each product group, and track the plan to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work closely with other Marketing Strategy teams to combine into overarching business unit.
- Work closely with marketing disciplines centrally and locally to coordinate creation of the marketing activity plan.
- Ensure that the activities within the marketing plan are prioritised based on value, and expenditure is proportional to the return. Track marketing spend by product group and ensure it is in line with business management expectation.
- Manage key stakeholders during the marketing planning process keeping them up to date on progress of process. Seek input and review at relevant points.
- Champion the marketing plan to all stake holders and the progress and delivery
- Provide occasional direct support for the delivery of marketing activities including central and local events
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- University education, preferably in a Business/ Marketing-related subject
- International working experience in the field of technical products, ideally in an image capture / output related industry.
- Willing and interest to building deep hands on knowledge of products, markets, industries, sales and customer insights.
- Must have structured & rigorous analytical thinking and ability to bring large and varied data sources to strategy development
- Capable of decision making through logical investigation and analysis
- Strong communicator, able to perform and work efficiently under pressure
- Fluent Business English (both written and spoken),other European language is an advantage
You will need
- Act with Courage
- Bring the Vision to Life
- Create Customer Value
- Create Innovative Solutions
- Develop Self & Others
- Grow Profitable Business
- Stockley Park, Uxbridge, United Kingdom
- Local contract only with no option of commuting from other Canon locations
- No relocation support available
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.