Performance Marketing Analyst
Job Purpose and Summary
Canon Europe are currently seeking a Performance Marketing Analyst to join their Performance Marketing team within the Imaging Technologies & Communications Group (ITCG).
The role of the Performance Marketing Analyst will be to support the Senior Analyst in driving reporting, analysis and insight through the reorganised Cross Marketing team. You will also support the Content, CX and Pro teams within Marketing, whilst working closely with the analysts in the CRM and Digital Operations team.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
As the Performance Marketing Analyst your role and responsibilities will be defined by:
Performance measurement and reporting. Pulling information from multiple sources to report on the Health, Value and Growth of Marketing Goals, including Paid and Organic Media performance, Affiliates, and other data sources as required, to make it easy for central and local teams to identify areas that need addressing and areas of opportunity for tactical activity.
Marketing analytics. Advise stakeholders on the business case and asses each marketing activity and campaign in terms of its contribution to Canon’s business and individual campaign objectives (e.g. lens offer, cashback promotion and accessories campaign). Feedback on performance of campaigns and initiatives, make recommendations for improvements.
Insight generation and opportunity identification. Using segmentation, data mining and modelling identify opportunities for targeted communications, offers and services across all communications channels. Liaison with product, trade, marketing, commercial and third parties to support new propositions to market (e.g. business case for an insurance product or extended warranty).
Data strategy, capture, tagging and quality. Work with Digital Operations and other stakeholders to define business and technical requirements to develop business/marketing analytics capability across data strategy and governance, data augmentation and capture including event and prospect management.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
As the Performance Marketing Analyst you will have the following skills and experience:
- Be an accredited SAS or equivalent analytics platform user and have in depth knowledge of analytical software specifically SQL, Excel, Google Analytics and Big Query
- Experienced data manipulation and matching, particularly ETL techniques
- Act as credible SME for Data Reporting, Analytics and Insight
- Detailed understanding of digital data sources and operations to include Paid Media, Website Analysis and CRM Databases.
- Knowledge and experience of Data Planning, Selection and Targeting, Campaign Tagging and reporting, and Performance Tracking and Optimisation.
- Experience in analysing and reporting on online digital/ offline campaigns
- Have strong marketing strategy experience - knowledge of targeting, converting and engaging customers
- Proactively support other departments such as digital, service, support, merchandising and production management with their understanding of the wider Sales and Marketing objectives.
- Act as a source of professional expertise and have principal accountability for continuously evaluating models, systems and sources of information, mitigating potential for risk and ensuring fit for purpose.
You will need
As the Performance Marketing Analyst, you will need to demonstrate the following competencies;
- To be a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to multi-task, manage and prioritise multiple campaigns and stakeholders, maintaining a key eye for detail in all areas.
- Demonstrates an effective and resourceful approach to addressing issues.
- Keen to suggest new ideas and/or ways of doing things
This role is based at our European HQ in Stockley Park, Uxbridge. In return for being our Performance Marketing Analyst you can expect to receive an attractive base salary plus extensive benefits which include; annual bonus, DB pension scheme, private medical cover, life insurance, 25 days a/l, staff discount across our on-line product range, plus access to other lifestyle benefits.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.