Sales Executive (Gloucester or Twickenham based)
1 day left
DCS is looking for a talented individual to join our sales team, working across a portfolio of high value digital information products for the UK town-planning sector. Previous business to business sales experience is desirable however there could be scope to develop someone at an earlier stage, provided you can demonstrate a strong interest in sales and a desire to progress quickly.
The role will involve a combination of managing, nurturing and expanding existing accounts, alongside a significant element of new business development from within your designated market segment. Exceptional development and career progression is on offer for the right candidate, with an uncapped commission scheme and a host of employee benefits.
You will be responsible for managing and growing existing accounts as well as generating new business within a defined market segment. Customers/prospects will be a combination of local authority planning departments and private-sector planning consultancies. You will need to own and cover your client base through a combination of cold calling, lead nurture and account management. In time, face to face sales will become an important element of the role.
Development Control Services (DCS) offer planners a range of marketing-leading digital information services, sold on annual subscriptions. As a sales executive, you will need to develop a solid understanding of our tools so you can effectively present them to teams of planners and help increase the value they get from their subscription. In this, you will be supported by a very collaborative team of editorial and customer service professionals as well as your sales colleagues.
- To ensure full coverage of your designated client base (existing and prospective customers);
- To proactively service customers and prospects, developing strong relationships and keeping clients up to date with new initiatives;
- To maximise revenue from existing clients, through annual renewals, account expansion and cross-selling the full range of DCS products;
- To source new leads and convert new accounts;
- To make an agreed number of effective sales calls each week, as agreed with your manager;
- To maintain client records on our CRM system ensuring that information is entered in an accurate and timely manner;
- To provide accurate revenue projections for your client base when requested;
- To demonstrate a full understanding and application of best-practice business to business sales in all sales calls, meetings and written communication;
- To demonstrate a full understanding of DCS products and services and their associated USPs;
- To demonstrate a full understanding of DCS competitor products and services and their associated USPs;
- To be a team player; providing assistance, supporting colleagues and keeping the team involved and up to date with your activity to maximise sales-team revenue.
- 35 hours per week, 9.30am – 5.30pm with 1 hour for lunch
- 25 days holiday per year rising 1 day per year with each year of service to maximum of 30 days pa
- Pension scheme, company contribution 8% for min. employee contribution of 5%
- Life Assurance scheme
- Sales training / courses available
- This role can either be based in Twickenham or Gloucester, with opportunities for home based working.