Canon is the leading name in imaging and has been for the past 80 years. We are the leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. An emphasis on technology is part of Canon’s corporate DNA and we are dedicated to helping people re-imagine what is possible through imaging. It’s no secret that Canon’s business has been evolving to ensure our customers stay at the centre of everything we do and to help us achieve this we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Designer to join our e-Commerce team in Stockley Park, Uxbridge.
As the Digital Designer you will responsible for the delivery of all visual assets for Canon’s e-commerce sites. You will be part of a special team who are fun, supportive and have a shared passion to improve the online experience. If this sounds like the role for you, please read further for more details on the role and person specification.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
As the Digital Designer your key responsibilities will be;
- Creating visual assets for all of Canon’s e-commerce sites- banners, wireframes, presentations, editorial, video editing, email newsletters and social content
- Creating wireframes for new and existing pages using data and insights to make informed decisions e.g. looking at Google Analytics data, heatmaps, user surveys etc.
- Reviewing all incoming briefs for design related requests and ensuring requirements are clear, planned in sprints and delivered on time
- Creating and maintaining a UI Style guide for e-commerce sites- ensuring it’s updated as and when new functionalities are launched or whenever there is an update to brand guidelines
- Reviewing wireframes/designs from external Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) agency, and advice on compliance with brand guidelines and existing UI style guidelines. Lead content-led website optimisation projects working closely with the CRO agency to set-up A/B tests. Brief winning tests to an external agency to implement on the live sites
- Researching industry trends, innovation and monitoring competitors for ideas, brainstorm and sharing the findings with the team on a regular basis
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
To be successful as our Digital Designer we would like you to have some or all of the following
- Previous experience working as a Digital or E-commerce designer.
- Previous experience using Sketch (preferred) /Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous experience of UI Design for responsive, iOS and Android, and User Experience (UX) will be an advantage
- Hands-on experience with e-Commerce software like Oracle ATG BCC/ Magento or Web Content Management software will be an advantage. Training will be provided.
- Comfortable with the use of heat mapping tools like Clicktale & beginners skills for Google Analytics
- Previous experience designing HTML emails and newsletters
- A good understanding of web accessibility & usability standards
If you have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us we would love to see it!
You will need
As an employee of Canon Europe, we would like you to demonstrate the following competencies
- Apply high standards of accuracy
- Communicate effectively
- Plan and organise effectively
- Drive for results
- Focus on the customer
- Respond flexibly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise all work
- Experience working with external agencies and partners
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
In return for being our Digital Designer, you can expect to receive a competitive base salary plus annual bonus, access to our pension scheme, private medical cover, 25 days a/l, staff discount across our product range and access to additional lifestyle benefits
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.