Senior Business Development Manager
Our client is the market leading media brand for commercial lawyers and in-house counsel, both in the UK and globally. With unrivalled audience in print, digital and events, their marketing solutions team provides its clients with highly relevant and effective channels to engage their target markets.
The Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for the delivery of £1m+ revenues from international law firms and key suppliers into the legal sector. The marketing solutions portfolio provides cross-media services primarily across events, digital, print, and research so is ideally suited to someone who is used to portfolio selling. The role will require the individual to work closely with the internal production, content and marketing departments with emphasis on conducting dual calls wherever possible to deliver revenues across our growing portfolio.
Key areas of focus are the continued growth of the digital advertising channels, sponsorship revenues around the structured conference programme and the delivery of high value bespoke research projects. The Senior BDM will play a central role in the delivery of these revenues and also the future development of profitable revenue streams
The role will suit an entrepreneurial sales person with 5 years successful media selling experience who is looking for the next step in their career.
- Developing relationships using a consultative approach and pitch integrated marketing solutions from the portfolio to existing and new clients.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of the commercial strategy for clients operating within the legal market in conjunction with the commercial director.
- Create and deliver a credible sales plan with the express aim of beating your annual quota
- Ensure maximum revenue generation and maximum yield through price management, with the aim of exceeding budgets
- Drive and contribute to new product development initiatives aimed at generating growth from new, audience appropriate, revenue sources
- Monitor competitor publications, websites and events to seek and convert leads.
- Understanding market trends and developments to maximise sales opportunities
- Attend industry events as and when needed, this may include overseas events
- Attend regular meetings with central support departments
- Keeping a log of all client facing activity and maintaining an accurate pipeline of associated business opportunities in Salesforce.
Key Skills & Knowledge:
BEHAVIOURS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrate general business awareness, develop in-depth industry knowledge and strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, that includes ensuring information and data is shared across the legal portfolio
- Ability to work on own initiative and offer a pro-active problem-solving approach
- Ability to work in a team environment collaboratively with other business functions to agree deliverables and align resources to business plans
- Ability to organise self to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Ability to facilitate achievement against objectives
- Decisive approach to problem solving and an emphasis on high impact delivery
- Overall uplift in revenues for your assigned client base, demonstrating a mix of new product development, sales and enhanced revenue generation on existing products
- Achievement of personal and team revenue targets as agreed with the commercial director
- Implementation of audience centric and platform neutral approach for market sector
- Highly motivated and goal orientated
- Excellent objection handling and closing skills
- Organised / excellent time and account management
- Adaptable / flexible / creative
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful candidates will be contacted.