eCommerce Product Content Specialist
Are you looking for your next career step in e-Commerce? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented, e-Commerce Product Content Specialist to join the exciting eCommerce team at our European HQ in West London.
You will be the owner of entire product lifecycle management (e.g. launch, EOL) of Canon products on the EMEA e-commerce sites. You will be working with wider teams to create engaging and accurate product content that drives revenue & conversion rate.
You will be part of a special team who are fun, supportive and have a shared passion to improve the online experience. If this sounds like the role for you, please read further for more details on the role and person specification.
What we give
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
- Overall owner and project management of product lifecycle management (e.g. new product launch, EOL) of Canon products for EMEA e-commerce sites
Create Content Strategy for product-related content on the e-commerce sites that help in achieving e-commerce revenue and business objectives
Create rich, relevant product content for e-commerce as per the strategy by working closely with the in-house copywriter, designers, agencies and various internal teams. Ensure all content produced is accurate and in-line with Canon brand guidelines
Review site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve conversion rate and drive revenue growth across all Canon products. Lead relevant projects working with other team members
Lead optimisation projects initiated by the Content team and work with the E-commerce Conversion & Insights team to do A/B & Multi-variate testing to improve conversion rate, and suggest new features/functionality with the IT Development team
Budget owner for the creation, localisation & publishing of new product content for the e-commerce sites including agency management
Responsible for reviewing and approving all English content before it’s published live.
What we ask
We need people who can achieve the exceptional by working collaboratively, who have the courage to risk new ways of doing things and the ability to see the world the way their customers see it. We're looking for creative problem-solvers like you, someone who can ensure Canon stays ahead in an ever-changing world.
- Significant experience in Marketing Communications/ Product Marketing/ Digital Project Management/ E-commerce environment
- Excellent knowledge of Canon products & services
- Proven project management skills- PMI/PRINCE 2/ AGILE certification will be an advantage
- Experience of analysing site metrics reports from Webtrends/Google Analytics would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of working with copywriters, designers and agencies
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and family with DAM & CMS (Oracle ATG, OpenText DAM)
- Understanding of the localisation process for marketing content
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Another European language will be an advantage
You will need
- Apply high standards of accuracy
- Communicate effectively
- Plan and organise effectively
- Drive for results
- Focus on the customer
Based in Uxbridge
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s strong, ambitious and considerate, where people do great things together. You can expect the exceptional and achieve the exceptional, with the world's best imaging company.
Expect the Exceptional.