Agency Account Director
Build your sales career as an Account Director. Are you an experienced, dynamic and forward thinking Account Manager or an Account Director looking for your next challenge?Job DescriptionA rare opportunity has arisen within the Haymarket Automotive division for an exceptional Account Director. Reporting into the Agency and OEM Strategy Director, you will build on existing business and source new business from your given agency patch, working within “pods”, consisting of an Account Director, an Account Manager and a Campaign Manager. You will utilise our digital and press executions as well as looking for creative content partnerships and data partnerships. The Role & Team Haymarket Automotive is building on the success and brand equity of it’s market leading titles; What Car? and Autocar, to become the number one location for new and nearly new car buying decisions.
This role is all about building strong relationships at all levels of some of the biggest agencies in the UK. Our position in the market gives us unprecedented access to these agencies and you will be key in using the wealth of information available to you to become a strategic partner and capitalise on all opportunities.
You will liaise with internal departments across Haymarket, as well as build external relationships with contacts to ensure we achieve our business objectives across both press and digital.
Why work with us? People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and users, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
Uncapped commission We are offering a competitive salary that is in line with your experience. You will also earn uncapped commission, so the sky’s the limit when it comes to your potential earnings. Career opportunities We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities both within the team and across other divisions at Haymarket. Your next steps may include more senior roles such as Senior Account Director, Sales Director or Business Development Director. Our working culture Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, sports teams, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards. There is a relaxed vibe in our offices and we give you the tools to work flexibly, move around our environment freely and collaborate with your colleagues. Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary and uncapped commission scheme
- Comprehensive training and career development programme
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing 1 day per year of service up to 30 days)
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Season ticket loan on passing probationary period
- Discounts on magazine subscriptions and other employee discounts
- Regular individual and team rewards and incentives for outstanding performance
- Maximise revenue for the Motoring Portfolio, both in press and online, from your assigned agencies.
- Act as the primary contact for all Haymarket titles for the motoring clients within your agencies to maximise revenue within this vertical.
- To account manage your assigned agency patch at all levels, to ensure your clients are up to date on all Haymarket initiatives.
- Understand and use sales tools (to include but not restricted to; TGI; GA; Visual DNA; Lotame; Hitwise; Campaign Reports; Moat) and industry knowledge, to build out strong sale stories.
- Work with the Sales Director on agency trading agreements.
- A strong understanding of the media landscape as a whole
- Worked with Media Agencies at all levels - Mindshare desired
- Understanding of programmatic trading
- Ability to pitch at high level
- Ability to problem solve and seek to improve
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s Automotive division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!