Midweight - Senior Designer
Based in central London, one of the national British multichannel media businesses is looking for a very conceptual Midweight > Senior Designer to join their Consumer Marketing arm of their business. With a cross-platform reach of millions of people, this inhouse team are responsible for delivering innovative content to a range of audiences in order to attract, engage and retain their customer base.
Working across 3 huge brands, you will be joining a newly formed team who are wanting to deliver great strategies in order to achieve their goals. The team manages, implements and optimises campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels and platforms whilst ensuring that their brand and marketing creative presents and demonstrates their core values.
Receiving direction from the Head of Consumer Marketing and as the lead designer for the team, you will interpret and implement the creative vision for a broad range of marketing materials, assets and advertising campaigns, primarily for use on digital platforms. You will be developing ideas and executions from initial briefs through to final delivery, taking ownership of your work and ideas whilst championing the brand.
Experience in digital and social media design is crucial for this role, as you will be expected to design and create assets for online and digital display ads, email campaigns, social campaign and more, all of which will require static and moving images. You will be generating ideas in order to creatively advertise the client’s consumer products and services across subscriptions, E-Commerce, events and sponsorship, so some projects will be print based but predominately the role is more digital focused.
- Oversee all design projects, from conception through to delivery for the Consumer Marketing team.
- Explore and conceptualise both marketing and editorial campaigns for target audiences which will involve the development and execution of creative assets that can be used for both customer acquisition and retention journeys.
- Take overall responsibility for all on and offline work produced including email templates, banners, social and print ads and any other requirements of the business.
- Project manage all design assignments, ensuring all work is produced on time, to budget and to a high standard, whilst liaising with marketing and product teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitor the performance of creative against business KPIs so you can adjust your approach in the future and improve performance - hold monthly and quarterly design review meetings with the wider team to ensure continuous improvement and best in class creative.
- Liaise with third party agencies as and when needed.
- Develop and maintain robust brand marketing guidelines, ensuring it’s consistent and a high standard of style and tone of voice is applied across all brands.
- Assess current formats and templates and present new designs to improve overall engagement rates (open, clicks and conversions).
- Work with the Product Team and support the UX Designer with the development of onsite merchandising to drive performance.
- Work with the Product Lead and Creative Designer to conceptualise and deliver art direction for product launches and development
- 4+ years’ experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a B2C environment with marketing design experience (working on campaign concepts, delivery etc.)
- You will be excellent at idea generation and visualisation whilst having the ability to creative engaging visuals that adhere to brand guidelines.
- Good typographic skills
- Proficient in Adobe CC and Sketch
- Experience creating Motion Graphics using After Effects
- An understanding of responsive design and design for mobile
- Strong attention to detail, ability to identify creative consistency across colour, typography, shape, position and other essential creative components
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with multiple senior stakeholders
- Be self-motivated, highly organised and able to work to demanding deadlines
- Be comfortable presenting ideas and concepts, sourcing feedback and then working on final versions/ variants for approval.
- A knowledge of HTML, CSS and Java and other standard coding languages
- Working on the creation of a brand proposition and/ or a creative rebrand
- Experience and flair for illustration
- Web prototyping and experience of hosting consumer testing and creative trials
If you are a highly creative thinker, who is self-motivated, highly organised and has a willingness to continuously improve then we would love to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV and samples in order to be considered.