Account Manager - Sport
We are Wonderly, a brand new full service, Owned Media Agency and part of the Haymarket Media Group. We’re the secret sauce behind some of Haymarket’s most famous media brands, only now we’re stepping out of the Haymarket closet to work with some of the best known brands in the UK. We are currently growing our Sport division and are looking for people who are passionate about sport and the business of sport. Our clients include: International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and the Football Association (FA).
Overview of the role
As an Account Manager, you will be working on the day-to-day management of a number of client accounts. This will involve liaising with clients as well as various departments within the agency, and wider Haymarket, to ensure that the client brief is met on time and on budget.
The account team’s role is to protect and maximise the profitability of projects managing the client and the approvals process efficiently, while delivering the highest quality solutions to meet the client’s brief. You will work closely with the Group Account Director to enable this on your accounts.
In order to deliver solutions that work effectively for the client, you will need to become knowledgeable of their business and the sector in which they operate. You will need to keep abreast of their business issues and those of their competitors, keeping up-to-date with marketing trends in the sector.
As an Account Manager, some of your main responsibilities will include:
1. Account Management
You are responsible for working directly with your Group Account Director and client in conjunction with the wider team to understand their business, their marketing objectives and their project brief to deliver effective solutions across print, digital and social platforms.
2. Project Management (print & digital)
You will be responsible for managing each client project across all print and digital channels. You will be expected to liaise with the relevant digital, editorial and client stakeholders to ensure projects are run on time, within budget and to the highest possible standards.
3. New Business
You must look to support the Group Account Director in driving new/incremental business from your clients where possible. This will involve supporting the delivery of commercial proposals and building client relationships. Additionally, you will be expected to play a role with the agency’s new client new business developments, this includes supporting new business pitches and providing assets (eg. imagery and statistics) to support the agency’s marketing collateral.
- Keen interest in sport and the business of sport
- You will have some account management experience working within a content marketing or marketing communications agency
- You will demonstrably be able to support across multiple projects at once
- You will be able to effectively liaise with multiple stakeholders across creative, commercial, production and client functions
- You will have strong numeracy skills, an excellent level of IT literacy and an eye for detail
- You will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, extremely well organised and able to think on your feet and problem solve
- Working as part of a team to develop creative solutions, you must be a strong communicator, forming strong relationships with your peers and clients
We’re a small agency based in Twickenham, West London, but part of the Haymarket Media Group. This means we have all the benefits of being a small agency but with none of the downsides. Our culture is inclusive and collaborative and reflects the diverse bunch of brilliant people that work here. We’re about creating a work life balance that brings the best out of everyone...and having a bit of fun along the way. Lastly, and by no means least, because we’re a small agency, everyone gets the chance to make a big impact.