Business Development Manager (Sponsorship)
Our client helps companies achieve Excellence in marketing. They do this by providing all the insight, advice and connections that marketing professionals need to stand apart from their peers. Their range of products and services is unrivalled, offering customers business intelligence and expertise, consultancy and training, and lead generation and events.
They bring together research, data and pioneering thinking then deliver it to marketing professionals through always-on digital platform and world-class blended learning programmes. They show businesses what best practice in modern marketing looks like, then we help them achieve it.
Their partner content team is responsible for delivering sponsored content revenue from suppliers across the marketing, ecommerce and digital ecosystem. They are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to take charge of selling its renowned digital marketing and ecommerce-related content for sponsors. Recent clients have included some of the world's leading marketing technology firms, such as Adobe, Google, IBM and LinkedIn.
This role is both a strategic business development and account management position. We are looking for someone with a proven track-record of closing business with potential clients. This person will also be able to maintain and grow existing client business by taking a consultative approach that builds trust by meeting the needs of our partners.
The sponsored research proposition is well established with a double-digit year-on-year growth rate. With the playbooks and processes in place, we are looking for someone who can take the formula on and accelerate its growth. This role will have a particular emphasis on driving sponsored research revenue from the USA in partnership with the US-based SVP Research & Content Strategy.
We need someone with the proven ability to follow and expand on a successful business development strategy and also has experience within the field of digital marketing or another B2B sector.
- Win revenue and hit targets by closing business with new prospects and existing clients
- Grow and retain existing clients by presenting new solutions and services as well as working with other departments to meet customers’ needs
- Research and identify opportunities for sponsored research in new markets and business units in order to fulfil customers’ needs and future sales
- Take a consultative approach to sales, developing a thorough understanding of the client and the resources and services provided
- Keep Salesforce data accurate and up-to-date for reporting and management purposes
- Work towards wider goals and purposes to continually enhance the company’s performance
- Research and keep current on market as well as competitors in order to identify and develop the unique selling propositions and differentiators
For a complete spec, please register your interest. We regret only successful applicants will be contacted.