Customer Services Assistant (Apprentice)
The Haymarket Skills Academy provides unparalleled opportunities in media. Our award winning apprenticeships are a fantastic way to gain industry experience whilst also receiving an accredited qualification.
As part of our next intake of apprentices we are now looking for a Customer Services Assistant to join our DCS team.
The Role & The Team
Our Customer Service Assistant position offers an apprentice a range of experience opportunities making the role a perfect stepping stone not only into a Customer Service Executive position but also providing relevant experience for Business Administration roles. Working for Haymarket is also a great place to learn and develop a career in the publishing sector.
Development Control Services is one of Haymarket publishers established brands providing a comprehensive range of research products and services for planning and development professionals.
As the Customer Service Assistant you will work closely with our clients helping with a range of enquiries via telephone and email to access our products. As well as assisting our customers you will work closely with the Editorial team who produce the content for our products and with our Sales team who work closely with industry professionals to supply our range of products.
Why work with us?
People are our greatest asset here at Haymarket Media Group. We pride ourselves on being the best specialist media company in the world and we’re hard-wired to produce brilliant content for our readers and event attendees, with over 16,000 companies around the globe turning to us to help their businesses grow. Join us and you will work on market-leading brands to help create powerful and lasting relationships that deliver real results, all while developing your own career.
As part of your apprenticeship you’ll not only receive a qualification but also gain valuable on the job experience. You will also have the opportunity to attend Haymarket’s in-house, specialist training sessions to aid you further in your role. Since 2014 over 75% of our apprentices have started in permanent positions after completing their apprenticeship.
Our working culture
Our team culture is friendly, vibrant and sociable. We have just as much fun after hours, too - be it drinks with colleagues, awards ceremonies, or our infamous annual Haymarket Awards.
What you will learn:
- Assisting customers directly with enquiries via telephone and email within set timeframes
- Managing the shared email box
- Supporting customers accessing our online contents and resolving any issues
- Complaint resolution
- Processing of orders via our database
- Directing requests and issues to the relevant person in the team
- Keeping databases and systems up to do date with accurate information
- Database administration including data entry and maintenance
- Recording customer interaction on our CRM system, ACT
- Collaborating with other team members from different departments to ensure we are providing the best product and service to our customers
- Managing customer subscriptions and setting up customer trials
- Taking customer payments
- Assisting the Editorial team with case selection for our products and helping obtain pictures for our content
- Sending daily, fast track and weekly bulletins and blogs on behalf of our editorial team
- Updating appeals on the database for our customers to view
- Making sure that the appeals database is updated
- Supporting the sales team by providing usage reports
- Chasing unpaid amounts and escalating to credit control if necessary
- Inputting and auditing information onto the auditing sales ledger
Who you are:
- Punctuality and organisation are critical in this role so you must be able to manage your time and workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- High Level of attention to detail.
- You will have achieved at least 5 GSCE’s at grades A-C (or equivalent), and will preferably have attained at least 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at Grades C or above.
- Previous experience in Customer Services will be beneficial
- Understanding the priority of tasks with workload and apprenticeship work
Other things to know…
- The Apprenticeship Scheme is based on a Fixed Term Contract for 15 months
- You get to Earn as you Learn! - We offer a competitive starting salary of £15,000pa. The apprenticeship qualification is covered and paid for by Haymarket as part of the Apprenticeship Levy scheme.
- Benefits include: 25 days Holiday, rising by 1 day per year up to 30 days, Pension, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan/Private Medical Insurance, plus voluntary benefits such as Ride to Work, Season ticket loans, Gym and Health lifestyle rewards and discounts on the highstreet.
Come and join us and see for yourself how Haymarket’s Business division is a rewarding, exciting and fun place to work!