Our client is an established design business currently transitioning to being more of a strategic brand and creative consultancy. Their fresh approach is attracting more work in the strategic and consumer insight arena, predominantly across property, retail and leisure.
To build on this revised positioning, the company wishes to appoint a brand savvy, ambitious brand strategist. With perhaps 3-5 years’ experience gained in a brand consultancy, advertising agency or consumer research company. Equally, we’ll consider more seasoned strategists looking for a fresh challenge in a stimulating new environment. Our client can be flexible on job title eg Strategist/senior strategist.
We anticipate the successful candidate will demonstrate an innate curiosity for understanding human behaviour and motivations, a fascination for the world around them and an ability to communicate really effectively in person and in writing. Specifically, they must be able to translate complex thoughts and ideas in to straightforward narratives.
- The main task of the Brand Strategist will be to produce outstanding strategic solutions, across a range of brand issues.
- To represent the ‘voice of the consumer’ within our client, ensuring solutions are, where possible, grounded in great insight and will move people
- Reports to their Strategy Director, who has been the architect of the new trajectory and accompanying positioning.
Responsibilities and performance
- To support the Strategy Director, Leadership Team and account groups in providing good counsel across their client base.
- To support the new business drive, specifically helping on pitches and/or leading the strategic input on pitches as appropriate
- To play a key role in supporting our client’s increasing competency in consumer insights.
- To prepare inspiring creative briefs and contribute strategic ideas to the creative process.
- To support and develop thought leadership.
- To facilitate workshops across corporate positioning and sector specific initiatives
- To keep abreast of emerging trends
The successful applicant will play a key role in helping to shape and grow our client’s strategy offer and become an influential and valued team member.