Head of Marketing
The Head of Marketing oversees all PR and marketing activity relating to the Roald Dahl brand leading RDSC’s owned marketing campaigns such as Dahl Day and Imaginormous and provide oversight and direction to the promotional plans of Roald Dahl’s extensive range of partners including Roald Dahl’s publishers Penguin Random House, various film studios, TV and animation companies and brand partners.
This role defines the creative and strategic promotional plan for the Roald Dahl brand ensuring that we continue to build cultural currency for the Roald Dahl brand, build and connect with brand audiences and drive revenue across the business. There is a strong emphasis on ROI led thinking – ensuring that we have a robust view of the best emphasis of our marketing and publicity plans vs the potential commercial return.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and executing marketing plans related to core audiences (teachers, children, parents) and tailored for geographic market aims
- Developing marketing and PR strategy which supports the wider business plan – i.e. provide structure/ a promotional calendar which underpins our publishing, licensing and wider business plans
- Owning P&L for marketing across the business – and build strong ROI led marketing and PR plans
- Working with publishing and licensing department heads to build strong relationships with core retailers – driving creation of targeted and strategic retail plans
- Bringing Roald Dahl’s brand purpose into the fore throughout all consumer touch points
- Supporting the Brand Strategy Director in refining our brand tone of voice, brand values and other core brand guidelines
- Owning the strategic promotional plan for bringing key projects to market e.g. Netflix/ RDSC partnership
- Supporting the needs of RDSC as required with data and insight on the Roald Dahl brand and audiences
- Working with the PR consultant to define PR strategy both for the UK and key international markets
- Leading key digital projects for Roald Dahl e.g. defining longer term plans for digital products and digital content to support our merchandise plans
- Leading relationships with core partners (entertainment partners, publishers etc.) from marketing and PR point of view
- Leading the implementation of a new website for the brand
- Defining the approach for key strategic projects and campaigns (e.g. Imaginormous)
- Line management of Marketing Manager and 2 publicity consultants (UK and US based)
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a deep understanding of brand
- Have strong commercial and business acumen
- Have strong digital acumen
- Have PR experience – knowledge of media landscape (particularly in the UK and US)
- Are a passionate Roald Dahl Fan
- Have strong stakeholder management skills – and are an excellent relationship builder
- Have an understanding of licensing and/or brand and entertainment industry
- Have a proven track record in building and executing strategic marketing plans
- Have experience in defining brand audiences and building and implementing brand guidelines
- Have experience in leading a team
- Have experience in leading a complex and wide range of relationships and partnerships
Why join us?
Love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda and The BFG? How about some of Dahl’s darker tales for adults? So do we!
Based in a fantastic modern office in Marylebone, The Roald Dahl Story Company has big ambitions to turn the world’s favourite stories into the best films, tv, content, innovative publishing in the market – and with a set of partners ranging from Netflix and Disney to Penguin Random House and The Royal Shakespeare Company - we’re well on the way. Far from a traditional literary estate – the company is a collection of over 20 creative, brand building and commercial brains from a range of backgrounds aiming to deliver the best, and most innovative Roald Dahl inspired products and experiences to the market.
What’s more is that we really care for our team - from instructor led weekly on-site Yogalates (think hybrid of yoga and Pilates) and Box-Fit classes, to a kitchen stocked with an assortment of refreshments, and an on-site shower complete with towels and toiletries, we’ve put a lot of thought into creating the perfect office environment and culture for everyone to enjoy.
The Head of Marketing can also benefit from our workplace pension scheme, Group Income Protection scheme, private medical insurance, season ticket loan scheme, and 28 days’ holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) to name a few!
Please click "Apply" and send your CV and tailored cover letter via email to Livvy Chan (HR Manager).