Exhibition Sales Manager Technology Shows
5 days left
• You will assist the Exhibition Director to ensure tactics are produced to manage this Singapore exhibition program and budgets as well as resources and staff.
• Work with the Exhibition Director to ensure the success of high-profile events whilst maximising profits.
• With the Exhibition Director liaise with other departments such as operations, marketing and the show team to ensure the smooth running of the event as well as planning and post event responsibilities.
• With the Exhibition Director, manage the show budgets ensuring no overspend and maximum profitability for the business.
This job includes a relocation package and annual flight home each year.
• Manage the event sales staff and where appropriate sales contractors (x 2 sales)
• Lead by example – beyond team target, also responsible for delivering personal sales Targets across the event under your management
• To proactively develop strategy backed up with tactics for team’s new business leads and recruitment of new accounts
• Develop a campaign strategy with the Exhibition Director that meets and exceeds targets including overall numbers of exhibitors, exhibitor mix, stand sales, sponsorship inventory, yield and sponsorship revenues
• Ensure the sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets (outbound call volumes and face-to-face meetings) are met
• Support the sales team in developing new revenue streams and creative and complex sales such as sponsorship
• Visit and canvas at competitor and industry events and develop a systematic understanding of and monitoring of competitors
• With the Event Director run and manage the rebook process and rebook team
• Role play the sales team regularly and share areas for enhanced sales performance and best practice
• Manage the prospect database to ensure it is constantly updated and is fit for purpose falling in line with the companies CRM policy.
• Ensure a constant high quality of delivery in all prospect, exhibitor and partner communication ensuring the message is on point.
• To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested
• Implement and execute the team’s strategy and objectives outlined in the event’s business plan
• Implement and execute the event’s brand strategy, ensuring the event maintains and increases its relevance to its market/s, and it meets visitor and exhibitor expectations
• Ensure you are regularly out and meeting customers, prospects and event partners. (At least one day every week you should be out meeting customers and prospects)
• Ensure that the exhibitor marketing strategy is delivered, monitored and analysed
• Manage the event floor plan
• Identify, implement and manage profitable show features
• Monitor and report competitor activity, taking actions where necessary
• To get close to your market, understand its trends and develop your event around it
• Work with credit control to ensure exhibitors are adhering to our payment process and deal with cancellations where appropriate to maximise current and future revenues
• Ensuring credit control collects funds in a timely fashion and before each show opens
• Build and maintain an accurate stand and sponsorship ledger
• Regularly reconcile sales ledger, accounting ledgers and CRM sales logs
• Provide a monthly report and forecast on show revenues, contribution, manpower and actions that are being taken for the shows to achieve budget
• Day to day management of the sales team especially ensuring the team is fully briefed and equipped at the start of each power hour
• Set clear goals and objectives for all reporting staff
• Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets (with the aid of CRM applications)
• Complete (alongside Exhibition Director) annual and mid-term staff appraisals as necessary
• Assess, develop and coach all reporting staff (including identifying bespoke training needs of individuals where necessary)
• Motivate the team
• Coach and develop the team in all aspects of their roles, creating transition map to expanded roles and promotion where appropriate
• Work with the operations team to execute the operations strategy that meets/comes in under budget while ensuring high levels of exhibitor and delegate experiences and production values are maintained
• Ensure the operational plan is being delivered in an efficient and timely manner
• Work with the marketing team to help deliver the event marketing strategy which meets overall visitor numbers (with the right demographics), feature content, visitor and acquisition costs
• Personally manage selected key industry partnerships in conjunction with Marketing Director and Exhibition Director
• With the Exhibition Director develop an exhibitor campaign strategy including vertical and horizontal activity
• With the Exhibition Director and Marketing Director appoint contractors/suppliers/agencies required
• Conduct press/TV and radio interviews as necessary
• Foster positive and professional relationships with key suppliers, associations, media and commercial partners
Apply for Exhibition Sales Manager Technology Shows
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly