Digital Projects Specialist
Maximise your digital design, technical and project management skills to help our client release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
About our client
At the heart of our client’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on their faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty: a purpose embodied in the phrase “Releasing children from poverty in Jesus’ name”. Their work is Christ centred, child focused, and church based.
About the department
The Marketing and Engagement department has three key teams: Communications, Digital Projects and Supporter Experience.
About the role
As the Digital Projects Specialist, you’ll be managing multiple projects of varying size and complexity that aim to exceed our supporters’ expectations and support our client’s goal to provide a digital first solution that's better than their offline offering.
You’ll be responsible for driving the successful delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from requirement gathering to release, and will involve collaborating closely with UX designers, developers and stakeholders, both inside and outside the organisation. You will also get involved in the User Acceptance Testing to verify completion of work, error checking and gaining sign-off by the product owner.
The role will also involve supporting their growing range of digital products, including websites and mobile apps, providing ongoing enhancements, issue fixes and content updates.
As an active member of the Digital Projects Team, dedicated to facilitating the long-term digital transformation goals of the organisation, you'll also be involved in the evolution and innovation of new digital products.
By doing this well, you’ll grow the engagement of our supporters and encourage digital transformation, so that together they can release more children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
• Actively maintain and promote our client’s Christian ethos and values;
• Effectively manage digital projects of varying size and complexity;
• Deliver an excellent user experience across digital products;
• Collaborate with other departments and work with external suppliers;
• Assist with the long-term digital transformation aspirations and goals.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need:
• Excellent project management skills;
• A passion for digital design and eye for detail;
• Strong technical understanding;
• Core office/administrative skills.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
• Relevant digital qualifications: A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant digital subject.
• Charity experience: Previous experience working in the not-for-profit sector, ideally managing and/or delivering digital projects for charities.
• Frontend UX/UI experience: Experience in frontend design, development (HTML/CSS), prototyping, wire framing and/or user journeys.
• A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Office365 and project management tools such as Trello.
• Website editing: Experience editing website using a CMS such as WordPress.
They need you to be:
• Personally committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote our client’s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of their work.
• Deeply connected to our client’s ministry to children and aligned to their cultural attributes;
• A great communicator, problem solver and able to work independently and as part of a team;
• You’ll need to be creative, innovative and flexible with a keen eye for detail;
• Passionate about technology.
Location & Benefits
This organisation is a great place to work, in their modern ‘agile’ office just 15-minute walk from Fleet station. This is an office-based role working 35 hours per week Monday - Friday 9.00- 17.00. Benefits include enhanced pension scheme with 10% employer contribution, 25 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays, Income Protection and Group Life cover on appointment, private healthcare and dental insurance on successful completion of probation.
The closing date for completed applications is: 11.00am, 9 September 2019
Interviews will take place: w/c 16 September 2019 in Fleet.
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as they reserve the right to change the closing date of their vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that they cannot consider applicants who do not presently have the right to work in the UK.
Our client is a child-focused ministry; they believe every child should be known, loved and protected. One area of the interview will explore your personal commitment to child protection. A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates.